If you were an interviewer what would you ask your interviewee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

byeh2004

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This was taken from the tough interview question thread, and I think it would be interesting to see what you guys would ask too.

justskipee said:
ooh, i hope when I'm an old physician I'll get to be an interviewer. I'll ask the wackiest/funniest questions.

"If you had to be one kind of fruit, what would it be and why?"

"What is your favorite body part, and tell me about a time when it was not well received"

"What does Hakuna Matatah mean, and how will this guide your future way of life?"

"tell me about a time where you fell in life, and you couldn't get up"

"whats the deal with cancer?"

Personally I would ask

"Which of the main characters of Grey's Anatomy most resembles you and why?"

"What is the craziest thing you've ever done?"

"When was the last time you were drunk and what did you do when you were drunk that night/day?"

fire away gang

Members don't see this ad.

"if you could be any kind of convicted felon you wanted, what would it be and why"

"what did you do the night you finished your mcat"

-mota

"would you or would you not have sex with my daughter"

this one could be a toughie. dont wanna offend anyone, you know?

-mota

Members don't see this ad :)
"did you wet your bed growing up?"

grounds for an immediate rejection.

-mota

"What am I thinking about right now?"

"would you eat a poop hot dog to come to this school?"

-mota

DaMota said:
"would you eat a poop hot dog to come to this school?"

-mota

lol niiice

"Are you a virgin?"

You're not the ****. Why do you think you are?

woot woot, my post turned into a thread. Happy Hannukah to me.

"if you were fat and stuck in a chimney, how would you get out?"

"when i say the word moist, how does it make you feel"

"if you could be a burgur, what condiments would you want on you and why?"

Most of the questions that I like are already in use. I'd explain what my role was in relation to the applicant and the adcom and then I'd say something like, "So what do I need to know in order to argue your case before the admissions comittee?" and then, "Is there anything else you want me to know?"

"What's the weakest part of your application? Do you think that will affect your potential as a med student and if not, what did you do to fix it?"

"What's the silliest part of med school admissions?"

"If you were in my shoes, what would you look for in applicants?"

Why is ER the best show ever?

"if you were an interviewer what would you ask your interviewee?"

"what is your favorite non-alcoholic beverage?"

"know anybody who's gotten in with a 3.2??"

"hoping to hear from hopkins tomorrow?"

"ever walk out of an interview?"

"Why do YOU want MD and not DO?"

"Does SDN overlook the Personal Statement?"

-mota

DaMota said:
"if you were an interviewer what would you ask your interviewee?"

"what is your favorite non-alcoholic beverage?"

"know anybody who's gotten in with a 3.2??"

"hoping to hear from hopkins tomorrow?"

"ever walk out of an interview?"

"Why do YOU want MD and not DO?"

"Does SDN overlook the Personal Statement?"

-mota

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
At a different school other than the two

"Hey man... Washu or Hopkins?"

"Are you on SDN? What's your screenname?"

Watching someone faint would be worth it :laugh:

MoosePilot said:
"Are you on SDN? What's your screenname?"

Watching someone faint would be worth it :laugh:

:laugh: That would be hysterical. I'm so going to do that if I ever wind up interviewing people.

Other things I might ask:

"What's the dumbest thing you've ever done?"

"What's the grossest thing you've ever seen, and how did you react?"

"Would you still want to be a doctor if your salary was only going to be $50,000 per year?" (that was such an educational thread, :laugh: )

"Name the 50 states and their capitals."

"Have you been accepted anywhere else? When you found out you got in, how did you react?"

"Have you ever been accused of 'trolling'?"

do these pants make my ass look big?

"george bush: great president or the GREATEST president?"

How would you react if someone did something out of the ordinary? Wore slacks and a shirt, no jacket or wore a nose ring?

This actuall happened....

Walking out of my interviewers room was a guy who was 6'5" about 280, played football for Furman I think.... I'm about 5'7".... My interviewer asks....

"Could you take him in a fist fight?"

"no, I dont think so"

"How could you beat him then?"

"I'd probably have to trick him"

"So why do you think you are smarter than him?"

"Do you get excited late at night when you have the TV on and you hear "Warning: this video may contain material not suited for all audiences"?"

I'd ask:

"Would you ever sleep with a professor for a good grade... what about an admissions committe member ;)"

"What do the other applicants you have met today have over you?"

"Why didnt you apply to law school?"

"can you sing the chorus from "Dont Worry Be Happy" for me right now?"

"Were you going to tell me about your certain conviction?"

"Why do you think you're a hot premed?"

"Do these pants make my a** look big?"

"Whatcha doin' after?"

do i make you randy baby? do i? now run along and get me some starbucks. If you bring me a blueberry muffin and a frappuccino, then you are accepted.

"When was the last time you washed your hands with soap?"

"What do you think of Dr. 90210?"

"Where is the nearest homeless shelter in relation to your home? Why don't you know?" (designed to make "I like helping people" BS-ers squirm)

"Why didn't you take calculus-based physics?"

"What grade on your transcript is most unjust and why?"

"What kept you from doing 1.5X hours/week of EC Y?" (where X is hours of EC Y listed on app)

"so...you wanna make out or what?"
-mota

Why do we need training bras? What can we teach them?
If you could have it all, where would you put it?

Why do you suppose someone decided to put a hole in a doughnut?

Matt0751 said:
Why do you suppose someone decided to put a hole in a doughnut?

There's actually a correct, historical answer to this one.....

please share with the rest of the class

Matt0751 said:
please share with the rest of the class

I don't remember the details of where and when (but it was somewhere in America way back yesteryear) a chap was making and selling fried cakes but the insides were staying raw dough when the outsides were done so he cut out the middles... and that worked okay but then he started cutting them out before frying... and the doughnut was born. This is what I have been told.

Wikipedia credits either a) North American Dutch settlers or b) a Danish sea captain (this reference notes the undercooked center reason).

Telemachus said:
I don't remember the details of where and when (but it was somewhere in America way back yesteryear) a chap was making and selling fried cakes but the insides were staying raw dough when the outsides were done so he cut out the middles... and that worked okay but then he started cutting them out before frying... and the doughnut was born. This is what I have been told.

Wikipedia credits either a) North American Dutch settlers or b) a Danish sea captain (this reference notes the undercooked center reason).
Well wow! Trivia fact of the day.

If you were the main character in "Cast Away" would you have opened that last FedEx package? Why/why not??

During any of your 4 years in medical school, or even during residency, if you realize being a doctor isn't what you wanted or expected after all, would you have the courage to leave, or would you force yourself to go through with it because of all you'd invested so far, knowing you are going to be miserable anyway? Why/why not?

Are you a Yankees fan??

(Immediate cause for rejection....)

"What is your favorite 50 cent song?"

"Please freestyle to the topic 'so what lead you to choose a career in medicine?' to the sound of this beat (interviewer starts beatboxing)"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You guys are so funny! Here are mine:

"Would you say your masicistic for going through the med school admissions process?"

"Looking at his symptoms, what would you diagnose Kramer from Seinfeld with?"

"What are the words during that really fast part of that lame-o "it's the end of the world and we know it" song?"

"Spell supercalifragilisticexpialidocious backwards in 10 seconds for an automatic acceptance"

"Could you read this please? (Hand applicant a paper with "Iam sofa king reet arded")"

"What is my dog's name?"

"Would you ever pay 2 bums to fight each other? Why or why not?"

:D

WHAT... is your name?
WHAT... is your quest?
WHAT... is your favorite color?

(Sorry, I'm a nerd :D )

"would you like to touch my hiney?"

"have you seen get rich or die trying? best movie ever or best movie ever?"

-mota

"Do you have a baby mama or are you going to find your future baby mama in med school?"

How do you feel about Monday Night Football moving to ESPN next season?

If you were a pizza, what kind would you be?

Would you prefer to receive your rejection letter via email, snail mail, or by us just never sending you any communication whatsoever, until you get the hint?

Orthodoc40 said:
Would you prefer to receive your rejection letter via email, snail mail, or by us just never sending you any communication whatsoever, until you get the hint?

hee hee :laugh:

Lorrayne said:
WHAT... is your name?
WHAT... is your quest?
WHAT... is your favorite color?

(Sorry, I'm a nerd :D )

I almost wet my pants watching that movie the evening after I'd taken the MCAT. After 8 hours of test and god knows how much sugar (2 large packs of M&Ms during the test plus several pieces of the "congratulations doctor" cake my friends got me plus a candy necklace plus a jumbo sized box of nerds plus vodka and juice), I was totally out of my mind. It was good times.

byeh2004 said:
"Please freestyle to the topic 'so what lead you to choose a career in medicine?' to the sound of this beat (interviewer starts beatboxing)"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This thread is hilarious. Thank you guys for making my day

"What don't you like about yourself? And don't tell me that you work too hard, you're a perfectionist, or you have a hard time putting down your physical chemistry textbook because it excites you so much." :thumbup:

Hi, I'm your interviewer?

You are a zebra with fangs and you just ate a large meal of grass. Would you kill a baby lion seperated from the pride out of spite?

You are a bear. You come across a campsite. You see three things: A jar of honey, a chocolate bunny, and Alex Trebeck. Which one do you eat and why?

You are a walrus. You just ate a seal. You have to puke. Do you just do it right in front of all the other walruses? Or do you flopsquabble over to the walrus...toilet...area..?

Why do you want to become a doctor?