If you were an interviewer what would you ask your interviewee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rocky Racoon said:
Hi, I'm your interviewer?

If you can say that in a voice like Ron Burgundy, then that's one of the funniest questions ever!

Members don't see this ad.

MoosePilot said:
If you can say that in a voice like Ron Burgundy, then that's one of the funniest questions ever!

Yeah, that's the idea?

"Name all of the members of G-Unit." (Grounds for immediate rejection)

Members don't see this ad :)
"What do you think I would like to hear for an answer to 'Why do you want to be a doctor?'"

...then after a lot of PC waffling from candidate...

"Okay, now, Why do you REALLY want to be a doctor?"

"Which was a better quality TV series, the old Star Trek, or the new Star Trek? Why?"

Rocky Racoon said:
Yeah, that's the idea?

Nah, I don't think you could pull it off. Nevermind.

"Make me laugh." and then watch what stupid thing they do to try.

"What are you going to do if I reject you?"

"Guess my penis size." (Grounds for immediate rejection)

Orthodoc40 said:
"Is that your natural hair color?"

and more importantly, can you prove it? :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
RayhanS1282 said:
"Did you bring knee pads?"

"Is this your first time?"
-mota

"Show me your break dance skills."

Who wears short shorts?

I would just sit there in total silence.. as soon as the applicant started to speak, I would just repeat everything they said.

<applicant> Uh, Thank you for taking the time to...

<me> Thank you for taking the time to...

<applicant> interview...

<me> interview...

<crickets> chirp (que silence)

Flopotomist said:
I would just sit there in total silence.. as soon as the applicant started to speak, I would just repeat everything they said.

<applicant> Uh, Thank you for taking the time to...

<me> Thank you for taking the time to...

<applicant> interview...

<me> interview...

<crickets> chirp (que silence)

haha nice.

"so, do you have any questions for me?"

"what is your earliest childhood memory?"

"who's the greater hero, batman or superman? explain"

"write a mathematical proof for the following: 2 + 2 = 4."

"why do you suppose someone would want an erasable pen?"

"after I finish my next statement, you will have exactly three minutes to answer. convince me that you are a good match for this institution without using the letter 'e' in your response. bonus points whenever you say the word 'yatta.'"

"instead of a traditional interview, you get a single question. answer it correctly and you are accepted. answer it incorrectly and we will never accept you. if you choose not to answer it, you get waitlisted. what is your answer?" (choosing to answer = correct answer)

"which of the following words best describe you: toothbrush, pencil, cup-holder, orange"

*arranges six items (e.g. stapler, picture frame, plush toy) from around the office on the table in front of applicant*
"please tell me a story. in your story, make sure you include these items.* (bonus points if they include pirates. automatic zero if any mention of vampires is made.)

During lunch with current med students on tour day, I would pretend to be one of the current students at lunch.

When everyone was nice and relaxed I would start having an incredibly vioplent seizure, bite down on blood packets so it would appear that I was vomiting blood all over the woman sitting next to me in her nice interview outfit, next I'd continue my seizure on the table- food would go flying all over everyone- and just see what people do.

If you want to be a doctor, you have to know how to react in situations like that. In addition, I'd have way too much fun doing it :laugh:

Dr Trek 1 said:
If you want to be a doctor, you have to know how to react in situations like that. In addition, I'd have way too much fun doing it :laugh:
I heard that an interviewer once had an MI in the middle of the interview and collapsed. The applicant just sat and waited for a little while, because s/he didn't know what to do. I'd say that those are grounds for rejection!

TheProwler said:
I heard that an interviewer once had an MI in the middle of the interview and collapsed. The applicant just sat and waited for a little while, because s/he didn't know what to do. I'd say that those are grounds for rejection!

lol

rpkall said:
"What don't you like about yourself? And don't tell me that you work too hard, you're a perfectionist, or you have a hard time putting down your physical chemistry textbook because it excites you so much." :thumbup:
No, I'd wait for the trite "I work too hard" answer, then I'd laugh and say "No, seriously."