If you... you might be an SDNer.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BBender716

Med school drop out!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the same vein as Jeff Foxworthy's "If you... you might be a redneck." Let's get it started with SDNers:

If you start writing rough drafts of your secondaries before June, you might be an SDNer.

Members don't see this ad.

If you think submitting secondaries in September is late, you might be a SDNer.

If you know more about the med school admissions process than the premed adviser at your school, you might be an SDNer.

Members don't see this ad :)
In the same vein as Jeff Foxworthy's "If you... you might be a redneck." Let's get it started with SDNers:

If you start writing rough drafts of your secondaries before June, you might be an SDNer.

Ahh this is going to be entertaining.

If you decide to make an MD Apps profile since your scores are high and you want everyone to know how successful your application cycle is going, you might be an SDNer.

If you post your acceptances/rejections on SDN before you friends and family know, you might me an SDNer.

If you think a 3.8 and 33 are low stats, you might be an SDNer

If you have a 3.98GPA and 42MCAT, you might be an SDNer.

If you start posting 'OMG HELP ME, DO I STILL HAVE A CHANCE" threads your freshman year because you get a B in last semester's bio class....you might be an SDNer.

if you are studying physiology from med school texts in your free time, then you might be one specific SDNer. oh wait! not anymore

Members don't see this ad :)
If you start freaking out because the search bar isn't working and you can't see what people have responded to all your posts...you might be a SDNer

if your most used vocabulary are

neurocity
cruel and unusual punishment
and
waiting for Godot.

LOL
and if you are reading this thread and feeling shameful

If you have a fit of deja-vu and annoyance when someone brings up the topic of (a) URM vs non-URM applicants or (b) DO vs MD, then you might be an SDNer

Well, in the same stroke...

If you bring up the topic of (a) URM vs non-URM applicants or (b) DO vs MD, then you might be an SDNer

If you just joined in july 09 have 873 posts and already a Senior Member you are a SDner

accepted 2014 UCF
GO ARMY!!!!!!!!

If you stay on your email account all day, especially on Fridays, and moan about how you have no interviews, especially if you already had 5, even more especially if you have been accepted. Yeah... you are an SDNER

Reactions: 1 user
If you start preparing for and stress out over your interview... two years before you plan on applying, you might be an SNDer.

If you think about how you can pass "doing household chores" off as one more extracurricular to list on your application, you might be an SDNer.

-When you can always just call someone's post anecdotal if you do not agree with them.

-When you wish you could tell random gunners in your classes to refer to Bleargh's avatar.

-When you have a Word document on your computer with generated responses to "OMG I got a B," "Is it ok to transfer from a cc," and "Do you think prestige matters" ready to be copy and pasted (I don't really have this, but not a bad idea).

If you commonly use phrases like "lolz prestige," "rankings matter," "URMs aren't fair," and "DOs aren't as good"... you might be an SDNer.

-When you can always just call someone's post anecdotal if you do not agree with them.

-When you wish you could tell random gunners in your classes to refer to Bleargh's avatar.

-When you have a Word document on your computer with generated responses to "OMG I got a B," "Is it ok to transfer from a cc," and "Do you think prestige matters" ready to be copy and pasted (I don't really have this, but not a bad idea).

I definitely do the third point you have here. But not for those threads.

If a good majority of the favorites on your computer are from SDN, then you are a SDNer.

If you ask people if they have been on SDN and say that you read their thread but you don't post (in reality u do).. then u're a SDNer

If you're reading threads on a pre-med forum on a Friday night...then you might be an SDNer.

(My excuse is that we just got about a foot of snow within the past 5 hours and my plans are cancelled... What's yours? :p)

If you're reading threads on a pre-med forum on a Friday night...then you might be an SDNer.

(My excuse is that we just got about a foot of snow within the past 5 hours and my plans are cancelled... What's yours? :p)

It's only 4:30 on the west side. Party time does not start till at least eight.

If you clicked this head and sadly nodded as you agreed with everything posted.

YES. lol. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

If you created an MD Apps profile that says you have a 38 MCAT and 4.0GPA and like to give out advice but really have a 30 and 3.5 you might be an SDN'er. :eek:

If you created an MD Apps profile that says you have a 38 MCAT and 4.0GPA and like to give out advice but really have a 30 and 3.5 you might be an SDN'er. :eek:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

When you know what bleargh's avatar is without looking

When you know what bleargh's avatar is without looking

:thumbup:

If you have a 3.8 and 34 on the MCAT and start a thread asking people if you should retake...you might be an SDNer

When you think you "just know" some complete stranger at an interview and correctly guess their user name (completely forgetting their real name after the interview mind you...) within minutes of meeting.

If you are a high school student giving out advice to medical school applicants...you might be an SDNer

if you're a pre-med who starts a thread asking advice about whether to attend the "expensive prestigious" school vs. the cheap state school (or any typical pre-med question) and get responses from residents and fellows but "respectfully disagree" and proceed to explain to them how you as a pre-med know more than them...you might be an SDNer

if you're a pre-med who starts a thread asking advice about whether to attend the "expensive prestigious" school vs. the cheap state school (or any typical pre-med question) and get responses from residents and fellows but "respectfully disagree" and proceed to explain to them how you as a pre-med know more than them...you might be an SDNer

In other words, if you think that being pre-med means you know more than medical students, then yes, you might be an SDNer.

If you hear MD and DO in the same sentence and you're heart starts to beat 3x, you're an SDNer.

If you think becoming a Janitor is better than becoming a D.O., you might be...no...you ARE an SDNer.