II through phone call?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

canijust

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi SDN, hoping everyone's cycle is going well. I'm wondering if there are schools that extend II through phone calls. Applicants abroad would not want to miss any potential II. If you've received an II through phone, pls let us know!

Members don't see this ad.

Administratively speaking, we would always send an email, even if one called students. If anything, we would call students if our attempts to email candidates failed because they didn't read emails so check junk mail often.

We do offer/A calls (not all programs). Please change your voicemail greetings now to be more professional.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi OP. That is pretty uncommon for an II (I've never heard of a school doing this). On the other hand, many schools are known to offer acceptances via phone call. But they would also send an email and formal letter of acceptance via postal mail.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi SDN, hoping everyone's cycle is going well. I'm wondering if there are schools that extend II through phone calls. Applicants abroad would not want to miss any potential II. If you've received an II through phone, pls let us know!
I was in Korea when applying to medical school. All II's were via email. I gave a cell phone number for a trusted friend back in the states. They called that for the A and he messaged me to call them back. After two agonizing days of phone tag, I finally got them on the phone and got the official notification.

I received a phone call informing me of the II and checking my availability before an official email was sent. IIRC, application services ask for your contact information during the cycle; an overseas address would probably cause the school to email you instead.

Reactions: 1 user
UCF Calls for Interviews. Allegedly I should say, still waiting :)

UCF, Vandy and Case should win some award for best customer service.

They also email of course.

Reactions: 1 user
It is rare, but some schools do (or did) call to offer an interview.

Typically, there is always a second modality showing you've been offered an interview (like a portal update or an email).