Illinois and NY liscenses

Started by pharm4312
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharm4312

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
I am a student in PA. I am looking to relocate to NY or Illinois after graduation. Do these states have any unusual clauses about intern hours that may hinder getting a license? I will have well over 1500 hours by the time I am done, reported to the PA board. Thanks.
 
Hello,
I am a student in PA. I am looking to relocate to NY or Illinois after graduation. Do these states have any unusual clauses about intern hours that may hinder getting a license? I will have well over 1500 hours by the time I am done, reported to the PA board. Thanks.
I was just filling out my NY one, and there is a section about intern hours in another state. If the PA board of pharmacy signs off on them, seems like NY will accept it. Too bad there's no jobs in NY though.
 
Too bad there's no jobs in NY though.

Depends on where you're looking and what you're looking for. It's tougher but places are still hiring. Was offered a job in Albany, took a job in Western, NY, as did 3 of my co-residents (within 4 months), we just hired 2 new pharmacists (not residency trained) within the past month. My fiance just interviewed at a hospital in Western, NY that's hiring per diem and likely looking to make that another full time position.

However if you're talking NYC area then yes...much tighter market
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Depends on where you're looking and what you're looking for. It's tougher but places are still hiring. Was offered a job in Albany, took a job in Western, NY, as did 3 of my co-residents (within 4 months), we just hired 2 new pharmacists (not residency trained) within the past month. My fiance just interviewed at a hospital in Western, NY that's hiring per diem and likely looking to make that another full time position.

However if you're talking NYC area then yes...much tighter market

Actually my hospital is still looking for a 7AM-3PM pharmacist. They've been looking for the last 3 months. I would take it if it paid the same as the 3PM-11PM shift.
 
I was just filling out my NY one, and there is a section about intern hours in another state. If the PA board of pharmacy signs off on them, seems like NY will accept it. Too bad there's no jobs in NY though.

Yes, NYC Exclusively. Thanks