Illinois Law

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ultracet

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need some help with IL law.

I have called their board of professionals or whatever they are... and they were not the brightest bulbs and didn't seem to know that pharmacy existed.

I am going to move to IL for about a year after graduation and need a little help when it comes to requirements for lisensure(i really wish i could spell that word)...

#of hours to sit for NAPLEX?

do your hours have to be certified in the state that they are done in?

do you have to have an intern/extern license in IL before your hours will count?

Are there any weird things when it comes to hours at certain times or in a specific way?

all i could find was tech stuff.....

Thanks for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

Why are you moving to the great state of ILL-Annoy for a year?(Next to the state of "Missery") Residency? I believe for the state of Illinois, you need to certify 1500 hours. What you can do is have the Alabama board send Illinois a certification that you completed the hours.

because unfortunately that is where my fiance has a job....

but i said a year because at that point i am moving back down to the South with or without him

it is a horrible place with no sweet tea........

Members don't see this ad :)
ah yes
however.....
he lives in a wonderful place called beardstown :rolleyes:

hours away from civilization

3-4hr from chicago
2hr from st louis
1 hr from springfield (IL)

Here is a link to the State of IL for Pharmacy
http://www.dpr.state.il.us/WHO/phar.asp

I actually don't know the answers to most of your questions but I believe you have to complete a minimum of 1440 hours. I was just filling out my licensure application today so thats how I know that. :cool:

If all else fails I know there is a link on that site that you could actually email someone with your specific questions. good luck :thumbup:

indoflip said:
Here is a link to the State of IL for Pharmacy
http://www.dpr.state.il.us/WHO/phar.asp

I actually don't know the answers to most of your questions but I believe you have to complete a minimum of 1440 hours. I was just filling out my licensure application today so thats how I know that. :cool:

If all else fails I know there is a link on that site that you could actually email someone with your specific questions. good luck :thumbup:
Thanks a lot!

Like I said... I tried to call a long while ago and... They just didn't know what was going on..