Illinois Law

Started by ultracet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ultracet

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I need some help with IL law.

I have called their board of professionals or whatever they are... and they were not the brightest bulbs and didn't seem to know that pharmacy existed.

I am going to move to IL for about a year after graduation and need a little help when it comes to requirements for lisensure(i really wish i could spell that word)...

#of hours to sit for NAPLEX?

do your hours have to be certified in the state that they are done in?

do you have to have an intern/extern license in IL before your hours will count?

Are there any weird things when it comes to hours at certain times or in a specific way?

all i could find was tech stuff.....

Thanks for the help.
 
Why are you moving to the great state of ILL-Annoy for a year?(Next to the state of "Missery") Residency? I believe for the state of Illinois, you need to certify 1500 hours. What you can do is have the Alabama board send Illinois a certification that you completed the hours.
 
because unfortunately that is where my fiance has a job....

but i said a year because at that point i am moving back down to the South with or without him

it is a horrible place with no sweet tea........
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ah yes
however.....
he lives in a wonderful place called beardstown 🙄

hours away from civilization

3-4hr from chicago
2hr from st louis
1 hr from springfield (IL)
 
Here is a link to the State of IL for Pharmacy
http://www.dpr.state.il.us/WHO/phar.asp

I actually don't know the answers to most of your questions but I believe you have to complete a minimum of 1440 hours. I was just filling out my licensure application today so thats how I know that. 😎

If all else fails I know there is a link on that site that you could actually email someone with your specific questions. good luck 👍
 
indoflip said:
Here is a link to the State of IL for Pharmacy
http://www.dpr.state.il.us/WHO/phar.asp

I actually don't know the answers to most of your questions but I believe you have to complete a minimum of 1440 hours. I was just filling out my licensure application today so thats how I know that. 😎

If all else fails I know there is a link on that site that you could actually email someone with your specific questions. good luck 👍
Thanks a lot!

Like I said... I tried to call a long while ago and... They just didn't know what was going on..