Illinois Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cldurkin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I apologize in advance if these questions seem obvious- I'm new to all of this! I plan on applying for the first time to ALL the OT schools in Illinois (uic, rush, midwestern, CSU, governors state) and I'm extremely nervous about getting accepted.. So my questions are:

Is it better to apply early, or with a stonger GPA? (Should I apply right away in August/September, or wait until after the fall semester in December.. my GPA is just average as of now, but I know will be higher after this next semester)

I'm taking the GRE in a couple weeks.. any tips? Obviously have been preparing for the last couple months.

Any stats/ acceptance/ rejection stories? Anything really to help me know what my chances are? I'm starting to feel like my chances are slim :(

Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad.

In general, almost all schools have their priority registration deadline in the fall and your chances will ALWAYS be better if you apply by then. Often, the next deadline is near the end of 1st semester (December-ish) so your grades from the 1st semester might not weigh into it even then. If you apply and are wait-listed, you will likely end up sending your 1st semester grades and they may weigh into the decision. In my experience, however, there wouldn't be an advantage to waiting unless you plan to take additional semesters of undergrad solely to improve your GPA.

Where did you all take your human anatomy courses that had cadaver labs? I see UIC requires 30 hours but i'm not sure the city colleges A&P courses have cadaver labs.

Members don't see this ad :)
I spoke to someone at UIC about this requirement...I took my anatomy course at Triton College and they said that is fine and meets the requirement.

Has anyone heard anything from Rush recently? I know they announce their final decisions by 1/31.

I was accepted into Rush and Midwestern last week. Anyone else? Apparently we won't receive additional information from Rush until March or April.

OT 2015, how did you hear from Rush and also have you heard from UIC? I'm still waiting on both of those and wondering if I should be watching for e-mail or snail mail.

Congratulations on Midwestern and Rush!

OT 2015, how did you hear from Rush and also have you heard from UIC? I'm still waiting on both of those and wondering if I should be watching for e-mail or snail mail.

Congratulations on Midwestern and Rush!

Thanks! I heard back via email and then got a formal letter in the mail about a week later. I was surprised though, because they said we wouldn't hear until 1/31 during our interview day.

As for UIC, I haven't heard anything. I emailed [email protected] and they said the admissions committee is still reviewing applications.

Good luck!

Does anyone know if Midwestern-Downer's Grove is still doing interviews?

When I was there they said they'll be doing interviews through March.

Anyone have any info on CSU?

OP, you said you applied to CSU. Do you have any info on them or know chances of acceptance? They don't have much on their site.