I’m about to fail calc 1 any tips ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone I’m close to fail calc 1 I have a 73%

First exam I got 123 out of 200 61%

Second exam I have 88 out of 200 but she hasn’t graded word problems.



I have a final worth 25% of my grade

Both exams 30%


And project worth 10%

What can I do now I’m scared I’m very close to fail this class ?
 
What did you do after your first exam? Is there a teaching assistant? Professor office hours? Online resources? Learning services office?

How active have you been in class? Asked questions? Did homework problems and saw why you got answers wrong? Study groups?
 
Are you taking this as a summer session class? It's probably too late to withdraw from the course, but that's what I would normally recommend if possible.

Is the course curved at all? Calculus for me I think was graded on a curve so I ended up with B/B+ even though I ended up with 70s on a lot of the exams.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are you taking this as a summer session class? It's probably too late to withdraw from the course, but that's what I would normally recommend if possible.

Is the course curved at all? Calculus for me I think was graded on a curve so I ended up with B/B+ even though I ended up with 70s on a lot of the exams.

Yes 10 week and no curve. She removes one exam if I pass one portion of final.
 
I wonder if they did an internet search for terms instead of going to each med school site when they made that list. Regardless some at least recommend it. I took a year of it for that reason, wanting to keep all possible doors open as wide as possible. However, it surely is a risk since getting a poor grade in it will probably do more damage than getting a good grade in it helps in the end. So OP, that brings us back to that question, any specific reason to take it? If you can drop it and take statistics instead, that would be better. Interestingly, Duke's site says for undergrad, one has to take calc to be able to take physics. My school had an algebra based and a calc based physics, so that requirement wasn't in place if one took alg based physics.
 
Last edited: