Hello Everyone,
Hope you guys are all doing well. I am a nontraditional premed hoping to gain some insight and see if there are any glaring issues that would prevent me from applying next cycle.
NC Resident
Graduated with a BS in Computer Science from UNC Chapel Hill in 2023
I had a pretty poor undergraduate GPA, but did essentially none of the medical school prerequisites until my post-bacc. I was able to achieve a 3.97 GPA taking 47 BCPM credit hours during my post-bacc.
My final GPAs will be: cGPA: 3.40, sGPA: 3
BCPM:
Clinical Experience:
Emergency Department Medical Scribe: 2100+ hours
EMT-Basic: 170+ hours
Free Clinic EMT Volunteer: 50+ hours
Volunteering:
Crisis Textline: 20+ hours
Boys & Girls Club Tutoring: 60 hours
Food Bank: 20+ hours
Shadowing:
Orthopedic Surgery, in the clinic and OR: 20 hours
Want to do at least 60 hours shadowing, with one of the specialities being primary care
Research:
Kinesiology research studying ACL laxity: 80+ hours
Literature Review Project: 20 hours (don't know if I will include this or not)
Possible authorship on a paper
Leadership:
Human Physiology Teaching Assistant: 90 hours (idk if this is actually leadership or not)
Other:
Software Engineer Intern: 400 hours
I am currently studying for the MCAT and hope to take it in March 2026.
Sorry if I forgot any important info.