Im asking for help, please

Arunas

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, happy hollidays, how you all doing?
So nice to see so many pleople here and I'd like to ask you for some help..
The situation is like this: I'm finishing up my last school year and I want to become "The person that helps people with theyr health"
It's hard to put it into words but I'll try.

Since day one I have been concerned about my health and everyone's around me.
It's not the CURING/OPERATING part i want to do, I want to specialize in helping people avoid getting sick, have A HEALTHY life style: what to eat,when to eat,what to stay away from, when/how to exercise. - THATS the problem. There those that: work with hearts, ears, nose, bones, etc. But Whats mine? What department i want to fall into ? I need someone to broaden me. Is this a diatologist/personal trainer of some sort? I need someone to maybe give me alist of how doctors that do something similar are called so I could maybe narrow it down.

I hope someone understand what I'm trying to ask you guys :)

P.S. If I wrote it in the wrong sections could the mods please move it to the proper one.Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

That does sound like what dietitians do (people with the RD degree).

Personal trainer might be a good fit for you. You can do that without college or you can get a related bachelors (4 year) or associates (2 year) degree. Obviously this is more geared toward the physical/exercise aspect than other areas.

You could be a nutritionist. That one deals with diet and less with exercise.

You might be happiest doing both and adding some other areas of interest to you and trying to find your own niche. There are people these days who are calling themselves "Lifestyle Coaches" and offer their clients everything from diet and exercise coaching to mental health counseling.

I would suggest you look into these things (do searches on personal trainer, nutritionist and lifestyle coach) to get some background info. Then plan on pursuing courses in college related to these and any other fields that interest you. That will give you some insight into what area you want to go into as a career.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, happy hollidays, how you all doing?
So nice to see so many pleople here and I'd like to ask you for some help..
The situation is like this: I'm finishing up my last school year and I want to become "The person that helps people with theyr health"
It's hard to put it into words but I'll try.

Since day one I have been concerned about my health and everyone's around me.
It's not the CURING/OPERATING part i want to do, I want to specialize in helping people avoid getting sick, have A HEALTHY life style: what to eat,when to eat,what to stay away from, when/how to exercise. - THATS the problem. There those that: work with hearts, ears, nose, bones, etc. But Whats mine? What department i want to fall into ? I need someone to broaden me. Is this a diatologist/personal trainer of some sort? I need someone to maybe give me alist of how doctors that do something similar are called so I could maybe narrow it down.

I hope someone understand what I'm trying to ask you guys :)

P.S. If I wrote it in the wrong sections could the mods please move it to the proper one.Thanks

If you were interested in becoming a physician, you can work in public health, which is primarily focused on prevention and education rather than treatment AFTER disease occurs. Many people would do a primary care residency or a public health residency. You have to ask yourself, though, if the years in training (12 years after HS), the money (150-350K of loans) is worth it. If not, becoming a personal trainer / RD/ or someone with a masters (or PhD) in public health might be a better fit.

Look into those career options and figure out which fit your goals the most.

You might be happiest doing both and adding some other areas of interest to you and trying to find your own niche. There are people these days who are calling themselves "Lifestyle Coaches" and offer their clients everything from diet and exercise coaching to mental health counseling.

Unfortunately there are many people who work in these areas, but have no formal training or licensure. I would caution taking this route, unless you can be licensed to practice in a specific area like nutrition.