IM at University of Reno, Nevada

Started by 588442
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

5

588442

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone, does anyone have experience with rotating through the IM program in at University of Reno? I recently got an offer for a Sub-I. I had heard good things, although very limited reviews - mostly from doximity. Do they care about Sub-I's, and tend to offer interviews to rotating students? If anyone could chime in, that would be great.
 
If your stats are ok (210+ step1 and 220+ for step2) and you are not terrible during your SubI, I think you will be fine. It's not a competitive program. One of my classmates is a PGY1 there. Stats were ok (not great) and it took that person 5 years to graduate from med school.

I did not rotate there and neither was that classmate I just mentioned. It's not a competitive program; it's a low tier university program.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If your stats are ok (210+ step1 and 220+ for step2) and you are not terrible during your sub I, I think you will be fine. It's not a competitive program. One of my classmates is a PGY1 there. Stats were ok (not great) and it took that person 5 years to graduate from med school.

Thank you for your advice, my stats are similar. Studying for Step 2 right now. I have generally received pretty good reviews on my evals - the only reason that has made me consider sub-I's Hope I do alright.

Thanks much
 
Thank you for your advice, my stats are similar. Studying for Step 2 right now. I have generally received pretty good reviews on my evals - the only reason that has made me consider sub-I's Hope I do alright.

Thanks much
Good luck... It's a good low tier university program that cares about its residents from what I was told...
 
Good luck... It's a good low tier university program that cares about its residents from what I was told...

That's great to know - if I remember correctly, I think the residents did match into fellowships, including Critical Care and Cardiology. I will have to look at it again. Not that I know yet what subspecialty would interest me, but I am leaning towards a fellowship of some sort. Just trying to decide if its worth travelling, spending the money and effort. Looks like it might. be

Thanks again
 
Apply to U of AZ (both Phoenix and Tucson) as well if you get a higher score in step 2 (230+). They have in-house fellowships, and they are good programs.
 
Hey there, you wouldn`t know anything about the Detroit Medical Centre receiving hospital, would you? The sdn threads and doximity have some information, but they are both old comments (2004-2005). I am doing an audition there in October, just wondering if you have any insight or know of anyone I could ask. If not, then no worries, I will just make another thread on sdn. Thank you much.