IM-CC programs taking EM residents.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MelMcT2009

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I’m a current PGY2 gearing up to apply for IM-CC fellowships this summer. A few months ago I saw a list of these programs that accept EM residents on the EMRA website, but it seems to be gone now. Any idea where I can find a similar comprehensive list? Also, the list was pretty small, but I’ve been told that often programs may accept EM residents and just not advertise this on their websites. I’m interested in staying in the south if possible. If any of you know of any programs down south that accept EM grads, and are willing to share the program name, I’d appreciate it!

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Wake Forest is excellent and has a strong tradition of training EPs. Emory is also excellent. Orlando is new but probably worth a look.

My recommendation is that you not limit yourself to a geographic location - apply broadly. The applicant pool was incredibly competitive this year with many more applicants for the 130ish spots.

Last edited:

Wake Forest is excellent and has a strong tradition of training EPs. Emory is also excellent. Orlando is new but probably worth a look.

My recommendation is that you not limit yourself to a geographic location - apply broadly. The applicant pool was incredibly competitive this year with many more applicants for the 130ish spots.

ahhh thank you! I drove myself crazy looking for this list today. No idea why I couldn’t find it.

and thanks for the advice! We would ideally like to stay in the south, but will definitely be applying broadly.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think that emra list is a bit dated. For some programs, there is no evidence on their site they take EM grads. And Indiana U, which I believe at one time did take EM grads, no longer says anything about it on their website, and I think it was on there at one time...

I think that emra list is a bit dated. For some programs, there is no evidence on their site they take EM grads. And Indiana U, which I believe at one time did take EM grads, no longer says anything about it on their website, and I think it was on there at one time...

Yeah the info isn’t super easy to find. I emailed Baylor (they don’t have anything on their website), and they confirmed they do take EM residents. UT Houston does have it on their website but it was pretty hard to find. Likely some programs out there we’re missing. I was advised to reach out and email a program if I it’s a place I’m really interested in if they don’t have any info on their site, because apparently they don’t all advertise.

Orlando is new but probably worth a look.

Yes. The AdventHealth program is very EM friendly. The program leadership is EM/CC. Plus it's a big program with (relatively) a lot of spots; 6 per year for CCM and 2 per year for neurocritcare, which also takes EM.

Reactions: 1 users