I'm having problem entering Winter 2012 semester in the PTCAS academic update.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ngozi Onyema

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm doing the academic update. I took a class in this past winter session that was two and a half weeks this month (January 2012). I am trying to update PTCAS with it but it is giving me a message that the year must be 2011. It's probably based on a mistake I made in my application before when I put that the winter session I took last year started in December 2010 when in reality it started in January 3, 2011. I was taking winter courses at two different schools at the time and the one at the other school started in December and I made a mistake and put December for both schools instead of January for this one. So now PTCAS probably thinks that winter session at my school starts in December when in actuality it starts in January and it won't allow me to make the adjustment with the new semester. It's not even letting me put 2011(even though that's wrong and should be 2012) in the "Year Session Began" without telling me that the term must be interim, Fall or Summer.

I mean anyway this doesn't really matter because I'm not starting DPT school this cycle. So I'm going to do a whole new application for the 2013 cycle. I just wanted to see what GPA PTCAS would calculate for me. When I noticed the error I made with putting the December instead of January for the 2011 Winter Semester I was hoping the Academic Update would allow me to change it to January but I don't see an edit link for previous semesters. The AU only allows us to add and edit the new semesters. I was able to add my Fall 2011 grades, I just had one class in the winter session (January 2012) that I am unable to add.

EDIT: Or it could be that this AU is only for 2011 grades and I have to wait for the next AU to put 2012 grades even if I already have one(from winter 2012 semester which was this month).

This AU is probably only for interim, Fall and/or summer.
 
Last edited:
If you have not officially submitted your PTCAS / paid and they received your official transcripts you won't be able to add anything.......... just thinking this might be your issue. I was able to post classes at two different schools during the same semester when I initially posted my classes. If the AU button is not active you can't do it. You can always call or email them. Good luck
 
I was able to AU my Fall 2011 grades in to my application. I didn't say I had a problem entering classes from two different schools. My issue was that I assumed that I would be able to add my winter semester grade since I received the grade before the AU deadline(Feb. 15) but I guess Winter 2012 grades are for the next AU along with Spring 2012 grades. I wanted to add it because I got an A in the course and wanted to see what GPA PTCAS would calculate for me but at least I can see what it will be with my Fall grades, one A might not make much a difference.
 
Here's the link----http://www.ptcas.org/UpdatingFallCourses.html

"""You can only update your coursework ONCE during the Academic Update.""

You can add courses "planned" for spring 2012, etc. Don't think there is a way to update the current / spring semester or those classes between semester (winter break). Once you are accepted into a program and matriculate you will be required to submit your final transcrip directly to that university. Update is for the summer and fall semester of the application cycle. Good thing you are doing a new app for 2013.
Hope this helps a bit.

This statement made me comment as I did "I was taking winter courses at two different schools at the time and the one at the other school started in December and I made a mistake and put December for both schools instead of January for this one."​