I'm In!!! After second try!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

opus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got an acceptance today...yet it's so anticlimactic...got rejected first time with great stats and had to do it all over again. So anyone out there worried about a second try, if I can do it so can you. I'm outa here!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

congrats man.. i'm still waiting for interviews..
p

poloace: i'm sure you'll get your first interview, just hang in there

opus: congrats. what were your stats for your last app cycle and how many schools did you apply to?

Members don't see this ad :)
congratulations, opus :) it must be such a relief to find out so early on.

Congrats!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

This is my second try as well and I have an interview coming up. I hope to get the same news as you do. :)

I had a 35 MCAT from Notre Dame...I've applied to 22, 3 rejects after secondary, 4 interviews so far

poloace-- it"s still really early for interviews

Sweet Tea--- got into UL my state school..still waiting to hear from 3 others, but not holding my breath

Congrats opus. I'm sure you are relieved. You're going to be a doctor, yeaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap: :D :clap: :D :clap:

Way to go Opus!!! :clap: :clap:

Woot woot represent SDN..way to go:clap:

Opus,

You have broken the AMA seal!! Congratulations! Doesn't it feel great to know that you are going to be a physician??? Now, you just get to wait around and see what other schools decide and will hopefully be fortunate enough to have some choices. Again, many congrats.

:clap:

opus congrats. I too have applied severall times. share w/ sdn what you did differently this time. Especially since you got accepted so early! congrats again! :D

hero,
are you applying this year?

congratulations opus!!:clap: rub some of that good karma on the rest of us second timers!!

:)

Awww, hell yeah!!! :clap:

Congratulations! I was a second time applicant too this year and just got in last week so I know exactly how you're feeling.

From what I understand, Hero already got into med school (don't know where).:D

many congratulations to you! I also had to apply twice before I got in, and now I'm a second year. good for you!

Good Show! Best of luck next year!

Woot! Woot!

YAYAYAYAYAY!:clap: congrats!

woot, woot! congrats, opus!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Opus: You didn't get in the first tiem around with a 35???

that's actually discouraging to hear... but was there any particular area in which you were weak when you applied the first time?

I was told I lacked ECs and they weren't convinced med is what I really wanted to do. So I shadowed a doctor over the summer before reapplying and got a recomm. from him to put in my file. Quess it worked. For anyone applying, get more ECs because they count. The competition is tough, esp. when the avg. age of med students is between 22 - 39. If your as old as 30 then you have alot of ECs. compared to a new graduate. Also we have only 2 state schools here, and they are heavy with females, 50 to 60% on avg.