I'm in limbo . . .

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bloodandguts

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applying this cycle. I just feel sort of empty since school ended. I'm getting a job to save money, but I don't feel like doing anything but obsess over my application. I don't know how I'm going to get by feeling like I'm in limbo for the next 5+ months.

I don't "feel" like doing anything. I hate having this unresolved thing lingering.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
well, if you are in limbo ; then for myself, being on wait-list since Oct last year will be purgatory. Sorry, but you need to get used to it; because the application process is very demanding and frustrating. And waiting might be the easiest part yet.

But you've just started the process! You need to find something that can distract you. For one thing - SDN is a good time waster, but it can also make you feel even more neurotic. Pick up a new hobby, set a routine, exercise and etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
But you've just started the process! You need to find something that can distract you. For one thing - SDN is a good time waster, but it can also make you feel even more neurotic. Pick up a new hobby, set a routine, exercise and etc.
+1 totally agree to this! Find something you really like to do!! For me, I was a college athlete and took most of this past year to enjoy not waking up at 4AM anymore. haha, but I used that extra time to do a fun job I enjoyed and I am now hopping full swing back into athletics again - both coaching and competing until school starts.
Find what you love to do - not in the medical field - and take the chance to really dive into it and enjoy it for a year!

Find and retake some courses to keep that brain occupied!! :) It's like crack!

Welcome to the next year of your life.
We all go through exactly what your experiencing.

Get off SDN for at least a month. Seriously, do it.

Reactions: 3 users
Heh..The whole application year is all about the waiting. Take the MCAT, wait for the score, send in your primary applications, wait 6-8 weeks for verification, wait for secondaries, do said secondaries, wait for interviews, go to interviews, wait for decision, get accepted, wait for school to start. Best to get a hobby now :laugh:.

@bloodandguts I feel you man, I may be applying this cycle and still have a year of undergrad left, but I just want to know what my fate is!

Time to get busy then!

I applying this cycle. I just feel sort of empty since school ended. I'm getting a job to save money, but I don't feel like doing anything but obsess over my application. I don't know how I'm going to get by feeling like I'm in limbo for the next 5+ months.

I don't "feel" like doing anything. I hate having this unresolved thing lingering.

Unfortunately, the only thing to do is pick up a hobby, a couple jobs and strap in for a very long, unnerving and at times frustrating process.

Unfortunately, the only thing to do is pick up a hobby, a couple jobs and strap in for a very long, unnerving and at times frustrating process.

Either that or counseling. The thread sounds like the beginnings of depression, mental health is important, take of your whole self OP!