I'm interested in Dermatology...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunari

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Perhaps I'm getting ahead of myself, but I'm a high school student in 11th grade (17 years old). I've never really been sure about what I'm interested in doing until now. After watching many procedures online, I became interested in the field of dermatology. I'm not really sure where to go from here. Neither of my parents or anyone in my family has been interested in the medical field.

I have a pretty good GPA...I'm not perfect, but I try. I've never taken any medical classes in my high school even though they were available to me, and it's too late to sign up for classes in my senior year. My friends suggested to me to join them and acted as if I had no chance in becoming a dermatologist.

I tend to get ahead of myself, and I worry a lot. Do any of you have any suggestions or advice for me? I'm kind of lost on what I should major in. I'm not that strong at math, and it's not in the least any strong suit of mine. Biology was something I was interested in, but physics was lost on my completely. Does this hinder in any way being able to attend medical school? My strong suits are English and the arts, but suddenly I can see myself doing something completely different.

Is there anything that I could do to prepare for now or am I (again) thinking too far into the future?

I'm just nervous because I know it's a very competitive field so I was hoping for any sort of guidance. I would really appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

Locking. Sorry, this is a forum for attendings/residents/and medical students. Please direct your questions to the high school forums or pre-allopathic forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.