IM programs.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jani

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody got any experience with

1 Northshore uni hosp prog( Manhasset NY)
2 NY Presbyterian Hosp prog
3 Mount Sinai school of Medicine( bronx)

This is my prioroty order- not like I have been offered, but to have some idea what they are like for IM.

Thanx

Members don't see this ad.

I have 2/3 more on the list.

3.NY medical college at westchester med centre prog(Valhalla)
4. Suny@ Stony Brook
5.Suny@ Syracuse

I would really appreciate any input towards this.

Why do you rate North Shore 1 and NY presp2, Mount 3?
Northshore is a suburban hospital in Long Island, good but not comparable to Mount S which is one of the best in NY:confused:

What I heard from a senior student who rotated through North Shore is that its IM program is actually very good.

Of the programs mentioned the most highly regarded by far is NY Pesbyterian... either the Columbia or Cornell program wich are separate are both considered among the best IM inthe US and very competitive.North Shore is a very strong program though not in the highest tier but well regarded in terms of training and prestigious for fellowships.The Mount Sinai program in NY in also a top residency in IM just under the Columbia program...Please be aware that MT Sinai tacks its name on the Bronx VA program and the Elmhurst hospital in Queens.They are called "MT Sinai" fro marketing purposes but are not the same level and fairly easy to get into.Westchester Medical Center is a very nice hospital with good teaching I have heard.It is heavily IMG in hosestaff composition.