IM residency MBA

Started by sux2bu09
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sux2bu09

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Looking for advice. Recently completed IM residency and am currently working as a hospitalist. Trying to determine what type of career opportunities are available if I complete an online MBA while working as a hospitalist? Anything beyond administration?

Also is there a significant pay difference (i.e. is it worth it to spend 90K on an MBA) ?
 
For an online MBA, you are paying mostly for knowledge and for an organized way of learning the material. The actual credential won't help your career at all. I wouldn't spend anymore than 25 k for an online MBA.
I did take a series of undergraduate business classes (MBA precursors/requirements) 6-7 years ago and found it interesting; I believe I spent somewhere between 10 and 15k