Online MBA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Drlapi

Reaction score
Hello!

I am an already seasoned (6yr post fellowship) attending in genetics in a large academic center, and am seriously considering pursuing an online MBA with focus in healthcare management, to land a bigger Chief title and/or go into hospital administration, or the biotech arena (which I already work as consultant for at the moment as well).

I would love advice on any online MBA that is considered at least decent, and possibly under 15k (under 10 even better!!!).

Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

Some of the cheaper AACSB accredited online MBA programs:

There are a few AACSB accredited online MBA programs with available healthcare management concentration that have out-of-state tuition 20K or below (as of July 2020).
Tuition may be higher if you need to take foundation courses.
University of Central Arkansas (around 11.6K)
Fort Hays State University (around 11.9K without foundation courses or 16.1K if need to take foundation courses)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University (around 12K) - this only has a Healthcare Information System concentration
University of Southern Indiana (around 13K)
Lamar University (12K without foundation courses or 13.5K if need to take foundation courses)
Southeast Missouri State University (around 12.5K)
University of Louisiana at Lafayette (around 15K)
University of South Dakota (around 15K)
West Texas A&M University (around 16K)
Texas A&M - Corpus Christi (around 16.8K)
University of Texas - Rio Grande Valley (around 17K)
Northern Kentucky University (around 15.7K)
Murray State University (around 17.8K)
University of North Alabama (around 17.9K)
University of Central Missouri (around 18.5K)
Moorehead State University (around 18.8K without foundation courses)
Barry University (around 19.8K)
University of Massachusetts - Lowell (around 19.8K)
Fayetteville State University (around 20K)

If you are willing to consider AACSB accredited online MBA programs WITHOUT any healthcare concentration, there are a few that have out-of-state tuition 10K or below (as of July 2020).
Georgia Southwestern State University (around 7.7K)
Missouri State University (around 9.7K)
University of Texas - Permian Basin (around 9.8K)
Texas A&M International University (around 10K)

Last edited:
Theres also Western Governors University as well. They have an Healthcare management program. I got my MBA from there.

Members don't see this ad :)
I found a few other that are less than $20k total (one barely over 10k).

Louisiana State University - Shreveport for $12.5k (part of the actual LSU system and not just stealing the name like some entities out there).

University of Louisiana - Lafeyette/LA Tech for $13k.

University of Missouri as mentioned above at around $11k.

University of North Texas at $17k

University of Louisiana Lafayette is the best accredited online program for the money. That being said, accreditation really only means something if wanted to get into academics later on (teaching business students, etc). I'm about 2/3 through the program and its painful but good skills to have, makes you better rounded in life.

Some of the cheaper AACSB accredited online MBA programs:

There are a few AACSB accredited online MBA programs with available healthcare management concentration that have out-of-state tuition 20K or below (as of July 2020).
University of Central Arkansas (around 11.6K)
Fort Hays State University (around 11.9K without foundation courses or 16.1K if need to take foundation courses)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University (around 12K) - this only has a Healthcare Information System concentration
University of Southern Indiana (around 13K)
Lamar University (12K without foundation courses or 13.5K if need to take foundation courses)
Southeast Missouri State University (around 12.5K)
University of Louisiana at Lafayette (around 15K)
University of South Dakota (around 15K)
West Texas A&M University (around 16K)
Texas A&M - Corpus Christi (around 16.8K)
University of Texas - Rio Grande Valley (around 17K)
Northern Kentucky University (around 15.7K)
Murray State University (around 17.8K)
University of North Alabama (around 17.9K)
University of Central Missouri (around 18.5K)
Moorehead State University (around 18.8K without foundation courses)
Barry University (around 19.8K)
University of Massachusetts - Lowell (around 19.8K)
Fayetteville State University (around 20K)

If you are willing to consider AACSB accredited online MBA programs WITHOUT any healthcare concentration, there are a few that have out-of-state tuition 10K or below (as of July 2020).
Georgia Southwestern State University (around 7.7K)
Missouri State University (around 9.7K)
University of Texas - Permian Basin (around 9.8K)
Texas A&M International University (around 10K)
Be wary of Lamar. They don't try hard to keep program accreditation, and their AACSB stamp could disappear as suddenly as their CACREP accred did - info they withheld from students for fully _four months_ after they received official and final word from CACREP that were losing it.