I’m scared I’m going to fail… predicted range 361-453

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

yourheartandsoul

CSU C/O 2026
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all..

As the title says I’m scared I’m going to fail. This will be the second time around I’m taking it. Previous attempt was November of 2025 and I didn’t even try, so that was my own doing. I was very mentally unwell and gave up quickly. I received a 364 at the time. This time I’m putting my all in, and I’m still receiving what seems like minimal results. I took my first practice ICVA test yesterday and my predicted range was 361-453. While there is a passing attempt in there, it just doesn’t feel secure or safe enough to say that I’m going to make it this time. And also seeing that I’m predicted within the range that I literally failed last time is extremely disheartening.

My student loan payments are coming up, and my husband barely makes enough money to cover our bills (if that). I am absolutely terrified that this isn’t going to go the way I want or need it to and I don’t know what to do.

I’m using VetPrep and I’m 50% of the way through, I feel like I have my information in hand and I’ve been doing well going through it so I’m confused as to why I scored so low.

If there’s any advice i would be happy to hear it. I don’t know if I just needed to rant or what. I know there’s nothing anyone can truly do for me besides wish me luck, but I really don’t know what to do anymore.
 
Do you think you were really 'all in' on the practice exam? Took it under mock-NAVLE conditions and everything? They can be good practice, but not always super accurate predictors of how you'll do, especially if you're taking them sitting in the comfort of home/with distractions/not adhering to the time limitations. Did you do a practice exam before your first attempt?
 
Do you think you were really 'all in' on the practice exam? Took it under mock-NAVLE conditions and everything? They can be good practice, but not always super accurate predictors of how you'll do, especially if you're taking them sitting in the comfort of home/with distractions/not adhering to the time limitations. Did you do a practice exam before your first attempt?
Hi! I’ll be honest, I probably wasn’t “all in” on the practice exam. I tried to make under NAVLE conditions as much as possible. I was adhering to time limitations as much as possible. I do have x2 accommodations and breaks. So my upcoming test will be 15 blocks of 12 questions per day (I have 2 days of taking the test). It is kind of hard to do my specific NAVLE conditions for that reason as well.

Prior to my first attempt I literally did nothing. I just clicked hap-hazardly through vet prep from june - september then gave up after that due to burn out. So this makes me want to have hope for this attempt, because I am really putting my all in, but also to see this practice test be almost the same exact score as when I didn’t try at all was kind of disheartening.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I’ll be honest, I probably wasn’t “all in” on the practice exam. I tried to make under NAVLE conditions as much as possible. I was adhering to time limitations as much as possible. I do have x2 accommodations and breaks. So my upcoming test will be 15 blocks of 12 questions per day (I have 2 days of taking the test). It is kind of hard to do my specific NAVLE conditions for that reason as well.

Prior to my first attempt I literally did nothing. I just clicked hap-hazardly through vet prep from june - september then gave up after that due to burn out. So this makes me want to have hope for this attempt, because I am really putting my all in, but also to see this practice test be almost the same exact score as when I didn’t try at all was kind of disheartening.
Yeah I get it. If you really genuinely prepped this time around, all you can do is give it another go. I don't have any magic advice here, just have faith in yourself and the prep work you did. If you do fail, that's okay. At that point I would try to identify any deficiencies in your studying/prep because imo that is where majority of the issues tend to be.
 
Writing things down by hand has been shown to improve memory. If you haven't been, you could consider getting a notebook and writing down key concepts to try and get it to stick. This helped me a lot when I was studying for the NAVLE.

Good luck!