I'm struggling with DBC's GC practice exams =(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Undecipherable

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm falling flat on my face on a lot of the questions in the practice exams. Nearly all the questions are conceptual and are taking me forever to think about, and my scores are horrible.

After completing Chad's videos + doing the practice problems, I felt pretty confident. Now I'm feeling frustrated and extremely anxious because my exam is on Thursday. =(

Maybe it's not a gen chem day for me today.

If you've taken it really recently (or anytime this year) and did DBC's GC, how would you compare the two?

Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Averaged around 18 for all the DAT BC exams, ended up with 22/22/23 for Bio, GC and OC.

DAT BC is harder than the real DAT, most questions on the DAT will be easier, but DAT BC prepares you for the few "hard" questions the DAT may throw at you. Use the resource as a way to learn and practice and less as a way to predict your scores. :)

Reactions: 1 users
My DAT was slightly easier than BC, but it's heavily conceptual. You'll def be able to manage the calculation problems, but other than that you just really need to understand concepts. I know you're freaking out/super nervous, but just keep practicing and reviewing your notes! If there's something you don't understand, don't brush it off.
Overall, I think BC's conceptual questions required a lot more thought than the real thing. Don't let your BC scores stress you out!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Averaged around 18 for all the DAT BC exams, ended up with 22/22/23 for Bio, GC and OC.

DAT BC is harder than the real DAT, most questions on the DAT will be easier, but DAT BC prepares you for the few "hard" questions the DAT may throw at you. Use the resource as a way to learn and practice and less as a way to predict your scores. :)
Thank you for saying this!!! On the same boat with my DAT tmrw and anxiety high

Members don't see this ad :)

IF you don't mind, what did you make on each respective section? Could you post your science scores up for us? I just made a 17 in Bio and 18 in OC on DBC Test 4, Test this week, freaking out tbh...

Reactions: 1 user