I'm studying dentistry in Spain.....help me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dodocrak

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi nice to meet to everyone...
I'm from italy but i decided to study dentistry in spain (madrid).
After my graduation i would like to come to usa for work like a dentist.
is it possible? how can i do it? what is the procedure?
someone can help me and give me some informations about it?

THX TO EVERYONE!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi nice to meet to everyone...
I'm from italy but i decided to study dentistry in spain (madrid).
After my graduation i would like to come to usa for work like a dentist.
is it possible? how can i do it? what is the procedure?
someone can help me and give me some informations about it?

THX TO EVERYONE!

Its the same standard procedure for all international students...you will have to take the nbde exam(part 1,2) and toefl and apply to a dds program in the states...2/3 yrs or perhaps try for the highly competitive msd programs and work in certain states.

Its the same standard procedure for all international students...you will have to take the nbde exam(part 1,2) and toefl and apply to a dds program in the states...2/3 yrs or perhaps try for the highly competitive msd programs and work in certain states.

So, i need to take te nbde 1&2 before to start the university for another 2 years? Or i could start university and in the same time studying for the nbde 1&2? Thx

Members don't see this ad :)
ADA requers your dental diploma for permission to take NBDE, so:
1) Get dental degree
2) Take boards
3) Apply

ADA requers your dental diploma for permission to take NBDE, so:
1) Get dental degree
2) Take boards
3) Apply

So i don't need to pass the NBDE 1 for the admission to the university correct?
for example for the admission to the NYU what are the requirements? thx

So i don't need to pass the NBDE 1 for the admission to the university correct?
for example for the admission to the NYU what are the requirements? thx

for admission to any US college you do need to pass the nbde 1...and complete the dental degree from your college in spain as well and only then can you apply

Last edited:
i believe you know Spanish!! if yes you have very good chance of getting a seat in puerto Rico.

for admission to any US college you do need the to pass the nbde 1...and complete the dental degree from your college in spain as well and only then can you apply

He/she cannot take part1 without a dental diploma/certificate. ADA requires an evaluation report from ECE, remember?

i believe you know Spanish!! if yes you have very good chance of getting a seat in puerto Rico.

Why puerto rico? Yup i speak spanish well...i'm studying in spain since 3 years...2 more and i will graduate...
Is more easy study in puerto rico? How can i do for work there? I need to study some more years? Let meknow something please!

Why puerto rico? Yup i speak spanish well...i'm studying in spain since 3 years...2 more and i will graduate...
Is more easy study in puerto rico? How can i do for work there? I need to study some more years? Let meknow something please!

why PORTO RICO...someone can explain me? my graduation it's the same there? i don't need to study anymore?

so i don't understand yet.....to start to study in a university in new york, i need to pass before the NBDE 1 or NOT???

could someone please replied me???? thx a lot to everyone....

anyone know also about to work like a hygienist dental in florida? i red that with my foreign graduation in dentistry i could work like hygenist in florida.....
someone knows more information about it? thx

www.ada.org

All the answers for your questions are easily found there! Do your research, it's part of the process.

Puerto Rico is an state of USA, they have the same federal laws that USA and also have an Accredited Dental School. Their program is oriented for international trained dentists that speak english whose native language is spanish. You will have a DMD degree.

Reactions: 1 user