10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any last minute advice?

Members don't see this ad.

RLK said:
Anyone have any last minute advice?

there will be a lot of questions in QR about having a X" by X" tile and wanting to know how many it will take to cover a room of such and such a size

good luck :)

I have been talked into taking the computerized test in August and not taking the written one in October. Let us know how the format is and how things go. Good luck. By the way, are schools looking at TS or AA when applying?

scalded said:
there will be a lot of questions in QR about having a X" by X" tile and wanting to know how many it will take to cover a room of such and such a size

good luck :)

QR is probably my worst subject. I'm not looking forward to that part.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck!

Tell us how it is. I'm very curious about the computerized OAT. It seems so............................bad compared to written. I'd prefer written any day.

How was the computerized version? I am so nervous about it verses the written, so I need to make up my mind right away. Also, how does it work signing up for the computerized version and how early before the test do you sign up?

PreOptMegs said:
How was the computerized version? I am so nervous about it verses the written, so I need to make up my mind right away. Also, how does it work signing up for the computerized version and how early before the test do you sign up?

After you pay for the test, you'll get a letter in the mail that will tell you that you can sign up anytime within the next 12 months. The best way to sign up is probably to go the testing centers website. On their website they'll have a calendar with all the available times. You just click on the one you want. I scheduled my test about a month in advance and most times were open. I guess it just depends though how busy the testing center gets where you live.

I liked the computerized version probably more because you don't have to worry about filling in the circles completely and making stray marks on the test. Maybe I'm the only person that worries about that though I don't know. I thought the reading comprehension was better too becasue you don't have to flip pages. The article and the questions are on the same screen all the time. Good luck.

PreOptMegs said:
I have been talked into taking the computerized test in August and not taking the written one in October. Let us know how the format is and how things go. Good luck. By the way, are schools looking at TS or AA when applying?

The last part of your question is something I've been trying to find out too. When people say they got a 300 or whatever, do they mean the AA was 300 or the TS, and which is most important to schools?

RLK said:
The last part of your question is something I've been trying to find out too. When people say they got a 300 or whatever, do they mean the AA was 300 or the TS, and which is most important to schools?

I have been trying to find out which one is more important, and as far as I can tell, the TS is more important, but I am not 100% sure about that....

PreOptMegs said:
I have been trying to find out which one is more important, and as far as I can tell, the TS is more important, but I am not 100% sure about that....

I asked that question during my interview at houston and tenn. They said that they look at the AA most of the time, but will consider the TS score if your science grades are somewhat low.

odstudent----

thank you for posting.... I have been wondering this question for a while now.

PreOptMegs said:

I took the computerized OAT in May and the only disadvantage was that you can't highlight, underline, etc. in the Reading Comprehension section. All of the other science sections can be worked out on scratch paper, which IS provided to you.

To register for the comp. test go to the ASOC website and click on the OAT link. Its kinda strange, but the only way to apply is to fill out a short form at the ASOC website (google it), then wait for a couple weeks for a letter in the mail from a local testing center. The name of mine was Thompson Prometric Education Center. It was a small office in a business park with small room with maybe 15 computers. It's quite and wells run in Raleigh, NC.

Any other Q's?

I'm studying to take the OAT again in Aug/Sept. I scored a 280 before having taken organic or physics with optics and light (PY 2). I'm sweaten this test!

:cool: