I'm thinking way outta my head but I can't help it

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

busthwt

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm usually relaxed about this whole process, but still my inner premed is coming out right now. I interviewed at NJMS in the beginning of November and it was with a member of the admissions committee. He basically told me that I had his vote in it. The same day someone interviewed with the same person from the committee. I hear today that the other person got accepted. Now I know we were told we would here back in six weeks, but I'm beginning to wonder if they ready went through my file and decided to put me on the waitlist or they had not reviewed my file yet. Do people who get interviewed the same day get presented by the committee at the same time?

Members don't see this ad.

busthwt said:
I'm usually relaxed about this whole process, but still my inner premed is coming out right now. I interviewed at NJMS in the beginning of November and it was with a member of the admissions committee. He basically told me that I had his vote in it. The same day someone interviewed with the same person from the committee. I hear today that the other person got accepted. Now I know we were told we would here back in six weeks, but I'm beginning to wonder if they ready went through my file and decided to put me on the waitlist or they had not reviewed my file yet. Do people who get interviewed the same day get presented by the committee at the same time?

not necesarily. It all depends when you interviewer(s) are able to present you. Two people interviewing on the same day can hear on different days with the same result.

busthwt said:

Hey, I totally feel your frustration. I interviewed on Oct 20 and still have not heard back even though several people who interviewed the same day found out regarding their acceptance weeks ago. And obviously, if you interviewed in November and people from that interview day heard already, then they probably passed over my file as well. I didn't hear of anyone being waitlisted yet by NJMS, but it could be that we are the ones they will waitlist, and they havent gotten to sending the letters out yet. I dont know. It is definitely very sad. :( :( :( :( :(

Don't worry yet guys. I interviewed at Iowa on 10/3 and sat back as a handful of people who interviewed after me got acceptances. Frustrating. Then on 11/18....love.

You may want to shoot them an email and tell them again how interested you are in their program, just to refresh their memories.