I'm tired ALL THE TIME

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Amazon product
Amino Energy by Optimun Nutrition, like an energy drink without any of the sugar or calories. I hate coffee so I drink this stuff. Comes powdered, isn't terribly expensive (130 servings for 65 dollars).
You have 13 different flavor options, grape is the best.

Couldn't imagine taking a preworkout to study. I think the B-alanine would make me go crazy lol.

I honestly don't even notice it, but when I take preworkout I normally take Jack3d which is justtttt a bit stronger.

These are all basically just a meth analogue. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylhexanamine

One thing I find is that I get tired if I sleep too much. I need to limit it to 7-8 hours a night.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
My EC got cancelled today and I'm about to knock out.:mad:

Get labs done/checked for vitamin deficiency. I had the same issue and got OTC vit B12 and prescription vit. D and felt much better.

Members don't see this ad :)
Get labs done/checked for vitamin deficiency. I had the same issue and got OTC vit B12 and prescription vit. D and felt much better.
last year I was deficient in Vitamin D and got a prescription, I'll go to the doctor soon.

Dude me too. I sleep for like 9 hours a night and I'm absolutely exhausted by the end of the day. I dunno how we're gonna survive med school, I'm like non-functional if I get less than 8 hours.

You can easily sleep 9 hours a night during M1-2 if you want to.

During third year and beyond you'll likely need to make some sacrifices but it comes down to, as @mimelim said, enjoying what you do. In undergrad I used to need 8 hr of sleep a night, now on my favorite rotations I can get by with about 5 hr a night during the week and still do fine. You might be surprised at what you can tolerate when you have to (and/or want to).

Reactions: 1 users
Don't recommend this guy adderall. At least think responsibly considering you're future physicians and he almost definitely doesn't have ADHD. A proper sleep-cycle, exercise, and break from stress does wonders. Turning someone who doesn't need the medication into a drug seeker is all-around bad news.

Don't recommend this guy adderall. At least think responsibly considering you're future physicians and he almost definitely doesn't have ADHD. A proper sleep-cycle, exercise, and break from stress does wonders. Turning someone who doesn't need the medication into a drug seeker is all-around bad news.
I wish I could... They say it takes 3 weeks to form a habit... I'll try but I've been trying. :(

I wish I could... They say it takes 3 weeks to form a habit... I'll try but I've been trying. :(

Life is exhausting. Honestly, most people are damn good at hiding how tired we are, but we feel it a ton. It's a part of life. Sometimes you're really engaged and excited about stuff, but the majority of time most people are tired, fatigued, or bored. Just keep working on yourself like working out and finding ways to engage yourself and it'll go better. It helps if you have friends who can study with who can keep you awake/be engaging and at the same time help you get through the boredom and monotony of coursework.

Reactions: 1 users
Also keep in mind studying and being in class for a huge portion of the day as well as doing the same repetitive activity over and over again (think retail) is really not something humans are meant to do, so it's no surprise it's so tedious and exhausting for us. It's really ****ing unnatural and I wish both medical school and every other educational facility would realize this, especially considering how much the material can easily be replaced with on the job experiences.

You should probably eat every 2-3 hours to maintain a steady blood glucose level, you know feedforward mechanisms. Also try to sleep for 7-9 hours and build a routine of sleeping and waking up around the same time. Might take some time for your body to get acclimated due to the fact your body is already reacting to whatever bad habits you have formed over the years, and it manifesting itself in the form of low energy and crashing during the evening. This is a common problem for students, but start building those habits now and you will be in good shape.

I had no idea you could fill adderall prescriptions with SDN posts

Thanks to this post, I went running today.

First couple of minutes = energized af
Last couple of minutes = dead
Settling in = refreshed

Talks of Lyme Disease and Vitamin Deficiencies got me paranoid.

I had no idea you could fill adderall prescriptions with SDN posts

You can't, but the advice given to him about getting adderall is beyond *****ic and a terrible ****ing idea when it isnt meant for people who are just tired

maybe you need an iron supplement? it helps me