IMAT Test Day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DawnK

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if those that already took the IMAT could share how the test day was for them.
Like how early they got to the test place, how the test makers did the organization of the tests and such things.

I read that you are not allowed to take anything personal into the test room with you -like a bag with your things- and have to leave it outside the test room? Is that accurate? And if it is true, is there someplace to store your bags safely like locker's or something similar?

Have you thought about something that you wish you had brought with you other then your passport -or other identification- and a black pen and the registration information?

How long did the test itself take? Is the 90 minutes something that you can go by or does it take a longer?
I have been to tests where they said it takes 90 minutes in full and i was there more then five hours until everything was finally done.

And my final question would be, if it is necessary to know Italian for the test itself, if you take it in Italy, or more specifically in Rome. Because i do know Italian but it is very basic and more the tourist kind of Italian, where i can understand the basic directions and such things, but if they explain everything in italian and tell you where to go in italian, i should really try and learn those informations in the next 10 days before the test. Because the email that i have received with the directions to the test place where completely in italian.

Thank you for everyone that takes the time to answer, i really appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.