IMG :research assistant professor Advice

Discussion in 'Otolaryngology' started by Jean Paul, Oct 12, 2007.

  1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Jean Paul

    Jean Paul

    Oct 12, 2007
    Hi everyone!

    I am new to this forum but have been reading your posts over the last few months. I am an IMG hoping to move to america. I am about to complete my step 2. I have a lot of experience in ENT in England including published papers with reseach and an MD. I realise scores are important in trying to get into ENT.
    My questions are:

    1. I have been offered a research assistant professor position (unfunded) with a professor in Oto- do you think it will be helpful in trying to get into an ENT residency?:rolleyes:

    2. I have been told by various people, that if an IMG works as a fellow then after some years he can apply to work in the state as an ENT assistant professor and be "board eligible". I am not sure what this means, and how some people get these posts (they have not done reseidency). Is this a way for IMGs to work as an ENT specialist in america? and what is the difference between this position and an ENT attendee?:confused:

    3. Which programs would offer a fellowship to an IMG ?

    4. Which are the IMG friendly residency programs in ENT?

    I would really appreciate any advice.

  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.

Share This Page