Immunology with phys/orgo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EJL08

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering about the difficulty of immunology since I can't seem to find a single person who has taken it at my school. Its listed as a 443/843 course so i believe it has a fair amount of research involved since it is also fulfilling graduate credits. I plan on taking it along with organic II and physics I so any heads up on the difficulty of the material would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on your school to be honest. I took it with orgo 2 and physics 2 and it was my easiest class... It can be challenging if you can't memorize, but any good bio guy can ace it. There shouldn't be much research or any lab. Good luck

Mine was without lab but difficulty will vary by school obviously. I didn't particularly find it that easy but it wasn't unmanageable.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not a bio major, but I live with two and this is what I've heard for my particular school.

Immunology is a 400 level class taught by one professor at my colllege and he is heavily involved in cancer research so it is the ONLY class he teaches. They say it is one of the most difficult undergraduate classes along with physical chemistry and some other physics classes.

I took immunology last semester and I found it to be more interesting than anything else. It is challenging because it's a 400 level course, but it's nothing unbearable.

Thanks a lot for the info! I'll most likely go for a lighter credit semester since the difficulty varies so much school to school, but it sounds like an interesting class which always makes the difficult ones a little more bearable. I appreciate the responses!

Immunology was by far the most interesting science class I took as an undergrad. I really don't see how a professor can make the content difficult unless he's truly trying to fail his students.