Impact of a C

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FuturePT11020

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had any insight on how a C would look on a transcript. My GPA is decent (3.83 overall, ~3.65 prerequisite). I’m planning on applying early decision and I’m taking my precalculus prerequisite online at community college. Math has never been my strong suit and I’m likely going to end up with a C in the class. Is this something that would seriously concern admissions?

Thanks for any help!

Members don't see this ad.

Not everyone is perfect! We all have that one subject we aren't too great in. (It is math for me as well.) You seem to have a very good GPA overall and for your prereqs. I wouldn't stress over one C, but I would do your best on that precalc class! In your application, they ask you to explain any grades or academics you want to explain, and if you want, you can explain your C. But schools look at the individual as a whole so one grade isn't going to make or break you!

You're stressing over a non-issue; your GPA is fine and one C isn't going to kill you.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Lol don't even think twice about it. Won't be an issue at all.

You should be fine! I took an honors physics class and got a C in it. Still got accepted into 3 schools. One grade won't kill you, especially with your competitive GPA

Reactions: 1 user