Impact of a C

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

FuturePT11020

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had any insight on how a C would look on a transcript. My GPA is decent (3.83 overall, ~3.65 prerequisite). I’m planning on applying early decision and I’m taking my precalculus prerequisite online at community college. Math has never been my strong suit and I’m likely going to end up with a C in the class. Is this something that would seriously concern admissions?

Thanks for any help!
 
Not everyone is perfect! We all have that one subject we aren't too great in. (It is math for me as well.) You seem to have a very good GPA overall and for your prereqs. I wouldn't stress over one C, but I would do your best on that precalc class! In your application, they ask you to explain any grades or academics you want to explain, and if you want, you can explain your C. But schools look at the individual as a whole so one grade isn't going to make or break you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You should be fine! I took an honors physics class and got a C in it. Still got accepted into 3 schools. One grade won't kill you, especially with your competitive GPA