IMPACT Pro and serial assessment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

erg923

Regional Clinical Officer, Centene Corporation
Account on Hold
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Curious about this test and benefits of serial assessment with it over the course of 6 month or 1 year? Solid? No? How much is too much? How should it be billed. Asking for a local Athletics Department team.

Members don't see this ad.

I believe the first question should be, should it be used in the first place at all? Garbage validity metrics and issues with reliability.
Well, I don't know? Guess that's essentially what I'm asking.

I mean yes, it would be used for a post-concussion protocol, I suppose? But there are also more serious injury and TBI occurring too.

Would you prefer more traditional neuropsych eval? Nothing at all? Wait how long? There is a return to play issue they are dealing with too, I would assume? Are formal, serial, neuropsych assessments even justified in these TBI situations? Mostly mild to mod TBI I would guess? I know they want to use a community neuropsych as a consultant/evaluator who somewhat advocated for this measure/approach. But some staff (medical and mental health) were a bit skeptical.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Bijur, P. E., et al. (1996). "Cognitive outcomes of multiple mild head injuries in children." J Dev Behav Pediatr 17(3): 143-148.

Thomas, D. G., et al. (2015). "Benefits of Strict Rest After Acute Concussion: A Randomized Controlled Trial." Pediatrics: peds.2014-0966.

Appreciate and will read.