Impending Death of Neuro Forum?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neurologist

En garde
Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Given that the last week has been devoted solely to nociassociation and reflex hammers, I hereby declare the Neurology Forum DEAD. Or at least in a persistent vegetative state . . .

Members don't see this ad.

The Neurology forum is not dead. It simply suffers from a derangement of the sleep/wake cycle. It falls asleep every year from about the week after match until the following fall. From early/mid fall to the match day, things come back to life.

Members don't see this ad :)
Corneals, gag, cough, and central pain responses all intact. Pupils reactive. Apnea testing demonstrates a pCO2 less than 50, with spontaneous breathing noted.

Still alive. :hardy:

It falls asleep every year from about the week after match until the following fall.

:laugh: :laugh:

Yeah, I noticed that too. As soon as match day came and went, things just came to a dead stop.

I'm actually quite sad that so many previously-obsessive posters didn't tell us where they ended up matching. Maybe indicative of some significant disappointments? :rolleyes:

Given that the last week has been devoted solely to nociassociation and reflex hammers, I hereby declare the Neurology Forum DEAD. Or at least in a persistent vegetative state . . .

Nociassociation is not fiction. Its a true state of neurogenic shock the results upon extreme excitation of A-delta nociceptors. This type of shock occurs whether the victim is aware of the pain or not.

Nociassociation is not fiction. Its a true state of neurogenic shock the results upon extreme excitation of A-delta nociceptors. This type of shock occurs whether the victim is aware of the pain or not.

I sense an inspiration coming on . . .

YES!!!!! THERE IT IS!!!!

Look . . . up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane!

It's . . . .THE GREEN XENON!!!!!

Yes, the GREEN XENON -- The 1940's-retro-action-superhero who slays his foes with the Deadly Digit of Doom, activating their A-delta nociceptors so they die of pain without even knowing it!

Cleverly disguised as mild-mannered wanna-be-MD-PhD uber-geek Norbert J. Weeniebun, our intrepid hero fights a never-ending battle against truth, knowledge and evidence-based medicine wherever it rears its ugly head!

The Five Fingers of Death have nothing on THE GREEN XENON!! If Bruce Lee had fully understood the mystic and intricate nociassociative pathways mastered by this reclusive neurologic wunderkind, the world would never have even heard of Jackie Chan!!!!

No evildoer is safe! No neurology web forum is too impregnable!! No neuron is sufficiently hyperpolarized to avoid the awesome powers of THE GREEN XENON!!!!!

Excuse me, I gotta tell my people to call to Leonardo, or maybe Tom, to see if they're free to do the movie . . . :laugh: