Implications of visa for my family

DrIng

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2003
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Hi,
Just wondering is anyone knows- what are the implications for my family of the various types of visa that you can apply for. In particular, would my husband be able to work in the US because of my job, as would happen with a green card? Any help appreciated.

McGillGrad

Building Mind and Body
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 21, 2002
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Originally posted by DrIng
Hi,
Just wondering is anyone knows- what are the implications for my family of the various types of visa that you can apply for. In particular, would my husband be able to work in the US because of my job, as would happen with a green card? Any help appreciated.

If you have a greencard, there is a bureaucratic process that would allow for the chance to bring him over but the work visa would be temporary at best until he had a set status in the US.

DrIng

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2003
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Sorry didn't explain myself well. What I was actually was asking is if I get a H1B or J1 visa does that carry over so that my husband can work or does he have to apply for one separately through whatever employment he finds?

About the Ads

McGillGrad

Building Mind and Body
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 21, 2002
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Originally posted by DrIng
Sorry didn't explain myself well. What I was actually was asking is if I get a H1B or J1 visa does that carry over so that my husband can work or does he have to apply for one separately through whatever employment he finds?

As far as I know, unless you are a citizen or permanent resident, you cannot piggyback your significant other into the US.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.