Importance of Pharmacy Placements while studying?

Started by Sarma
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sarma

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
I had difficulty finding retail pharmacy placements this year. Having to complete placements while still in school is starting to bug me. I would appreciate it if some could help me understand the importance of placements and why engagement in this area plays an important role in pharmacy education. What benefits do my placements bring to the community when I still don't know much about the pharmacy course?


Thanks
 
Just my advice…
visit places with openings in person as opposed to email, texts, phone calls (filters can make things confusing, waste time, lead to anxiety, and lead to missed opportunities). Networking is extremely important (sadly, vs actual skill and character, work ethic, etc.)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
I had difficulty finding retail pharmacy placements this year. Having to complete placements while still in school is starting to bug me. I would appreciate it if some could help me understand the importance of placements and why engagement in this area plays an important role in pharmacy education. What benefits do my placements bring to the community when I still don't know much about the pharmacy course?


Thanks
It’s there so you know what it is like to actually work in a pharmacy
Plenty of people enter pharmacy school because of their interest in medicine and chemistry, but end up hating working in a pharmacy.
It’s best to figure this out early in your education
 
You have to find your own rotation site? Retail is the easiest place to find them, they love free labor.