Important Question for manual dexterity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nat426

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am eating lunch slowly (to avoid more study for my finals) and as i eat my chinese food, i wonder to myself... would eating with chopsticks be good for manual dexterity on the dental application? :)

Members don't see this ad.

It might be as good if not better than thumb twiddling.

I wouldn't put that on the application (I think it's a bit obvious)...

I would, however bring that up during an interview. It seems like you might have a sense of humor (I hope), so let it shine through a little when you're interviewing. It might help you stay calm too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Another manual dexterity question. We'll i've played video games all my life. I'm not a gamer of any sort, I play once in awhile but I do agree that it takes a good amount of manual dexterity to play games these days. Would this be something smart to include? Or this unnecessary? Thanks.

Another manual dexterity question. We'll i've played video games all my life. I'm not a gamer of any sort, I play once in awhile but I do agree that it takes a good amount of manual dexterity to play games these days. Would this be something smart to include? Or this unnecessary? Thanks.

Even better if you can include what guild you're in.

Even better if you can include what guild you're in.
Guild? Nah. Those types of games don't take much manual dexterity at all. It's all about Guitar Hero.

I can play a radically awesome game of 1974 Simon Says.

Should I include this on my application?

:laugh:

How about pong? You have to use that old joystick thingamajigger...Man that was hard to use!

I rock at beer pong. Maybe I should put that on my application. Great eye/hand coordination.

anyone can use chopsticks, thats like putting down "i can eat with a fork and knife!"

Maybe Asians should be given preferential treatment because of their orientation to dexterous utensil usage. :laugh::thumbup:

Sooo yes? Lol jk. People from what i've heard put crazy things on there (texting, chopsticks) and gotten in. I don't really have any manual dexterity out of the norm so just seeing what else I could squeeze in, without being too crazy.

This is what I wrote on my application.

-Xbox 360, Halo 3, level 46
-Bop-It champion
-I can use chopsticks... in both hands, at the same time
-I play with Play-doh occasionally
-Hours of AOL Instant Messenger daily
-Expert Farmville player
-Texting while driving, without looking (at the road, of course)

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

This is what I wrote on my application.

-Xbox 360, Halo 3, level 46
-Bop-It champion
-I can use chopsticks... in both hands, at the same time
-I play with Play-doh occasionally
-Hours of AOL Instant Messenger daily
-Expert Farmville player
-Texting while driving, without looking (at the road, of course)

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Bop-It champion?

That's immediate acceptance to Harvard. I knew I should have kept up my Bop-It skills in childhood. :annoyed: