Important

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

BlackPuma

Have you guys ever read this?

<a href="http://www.perfecteconomy.com/principal---federal-reserve-system.html" target="_blank">http://www.perfecteconomy.com/principal---federal-reserve-system.html</a>

It is about the Federal Reserve, and how they are autonomous from the government completely and people like Greenspan can charge whatever interest rates they feel like, and him and his 12 secret board members are fully aware of when the stock market will rise or fall depending on their moves and profit at our expense...

This website is written by a former congressmen who contends that the Great Depression among other things was created by these few people in the federal reserve to buy everything dirt cheap when the whole economy collapsed...he has some terrific quotes from Jefferson, Madison, Jackson and even Lincoln....

The symbol with the pyramids on the eye on the back of the dollar sign, is the free masonic symbol and under it states "New World Order"..... what do you guys think of this? let me know thanks

watcha

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty deep into the stock market and economics in general - been trading on my ETrade account since I was fourteen or so. (I watch CNBC all day :) ). I disagree with the article completely. Greenspan, and the rest of the Federal Reserve, does not profit from the stock market or any of their policy actions. In fact they are all prohibited from owning stock at all. Greenspan, for example, owns only treasury bonds in his personal accounts. Greenspan is a good guy - he has done a great job for his country and he deserves praise, not skepticism. As for their autonomy, it can seem suspicious to lay people like us, but it is necessary for the proper function of the FED. Without autonomy, the FED would become political in its decision making - and this would be truly harful to the US and global economies. In short, don't worry about the FED, be happy that they are on the ball and have lowered rates such that an economic recovery late next year looks to be in the cards.

Anyone want to guess how long until Jamier2 movesthis to the lounge? :D Just kidding Jamier, I love ya ;)

with all due respect, if you read the website....you would have realized that the latter part of the paragraph was my opinion.....you still haven't established on why the Federal Reserve has 12 secret banks working for it...nor have you explained the reasoning behind the secrecy...

"with autonomy they are not political" do you honestly think that pple running the Fed don't have political views or interests? otherwise your being very simplistic...I can have no political affiliations but if I am running a bank with no supervision then I do have my OWN Personal interests...that is what the fed says to prevent any source of interference...