Improve "good" verbal scores or focus on PS?

Started by areserine
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

areserine

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been doing EK101, and doing reasonably well. 10's and 11's. I'm really weak in PS, and haven't started doing any orgo review yet, though I'm very strong in bio. I'm planning to take the mcat in early September. For those of you who started out pretty strong in verbal, how did you improve? My mistakes are pretty spotty. I'll nail every question for 4 passages, miss one question in one passage, and then get 3 wrong each in two passages because somehow I totally misread them or I wasn't paying enough attention (mostly this one). How do you bring up an 10 or 11? And is it worth the extra effort to go from a 10-11 to a 12-13 or higher in verbal, or should I put the effort into going from probably a 7 to an 11 in PS? (These numbers for PS are guesses based on how I seem to be doing on relearning the material and on EK1001 questions as well as how much I think I can realistically improve.) If it's relevant, gpa=3.65, sgpa=3.6.
 
i'm doing ek 101 as well and realized today that i may be going through the questions too fast. i have been getting mostly 9s and 10s and when i miss a question it is because i wasn't going off of what was in the passage. i finished ek 7 today (split passages up in a 2/2/3 manner) and ended up with a 9 and 43 minutes used up.. so i had like 17 minutes to spare..

im going to take a full one without breaking the passages and see how that goes, as well as taking a little more time on questions to try get up to the 11-12 range