1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice

in debt from undergrad/post bac?

Discussion in 'Financial Aid' started by Therese737, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Therese737

Therese737 Member
    7+ Year Member

I was wondering if anyone here is in the same boat as me: I know med school is $$$$$, but I also have a substantial amount of loans from undergrad and a master's program! (not to mention for my postbac!) Anyone else? Right now, that figure is way over 50K It would be great to know I'm not alone.Thanks.

2. Kalel

Kalel Membership Revoked
    Removed

I had 27K from undergrad debt. I wouldn't worry about it too much, especially if your loans are subsidized. They should all be deferable during med school.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Amy B

Amy B I miss my son so much
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Verified Account 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I owe about $53,000. I talked to the financial aid office at my school and she told me....... I could get ~$185,000 total but since I had undergrad loan, the total loan amount would be a lesser amount of ~$135,000. That will be all that I can borrow over my life time. Hope this helps with your question.

Oh, my undergrad loans were all unsubsidized loans, and I will defer them through med school.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...