• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar

Therese737

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2004
Visit site
Status
I was wondering if anyone here is in the same boat as me: I know med school is $$$$$, but I also have a substantial amount of loans from undergrad and a master's program! (not to mention for my postbac!) Anyone else? Right now, that figure is way over 50K It would be great to know I'm not alone.Thanks.

Kalel

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2004
Metropolis
Visit site
Status
I had 27K from undergrad debt. I wouldn't worry about it too much, especially if your loans are subsidized. They should all be deferable during med school.

Amy B

I miss my son so much
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2000
Virginia
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I owe about $53,000. I talked to the financial aid office at my school and she told me....... I could get ~$185,000 total but since I had undergrad loan, the total loan amount would be a lesser amount of ~$135,000. That will be all that I can borrow over my life time. Hope this helps with your question.

Oh, my undergrad loans were all unsubsidized loans, and I will defer them through med school.

About the Ads