in debt from undergrad/post bac?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Therese737

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if anyone here is in the same boat as me: I know med school is $$$$$, but I also have a substantial amount of loans from undergrad and a master's program! (not to mention for my postbac!) Anyone else? Right now, that figure is way over 50K It would be great to know I'm not alone.Thanks.
 
I had 27K from undergrad debt. I wouldn't worry about it too much, especially if your loans are subsidized. They should all be deferable during med school.
 
I owe about $53,000. I talked to the financial aid office at my school and she told me....... I could get ~$185,000 total but since I had undergrad loan, the total loan amount would be a lesser amount of ~$135,000. That will be all that I can borrow over my life time. Hope this helps with your question.

Oh, my undergrad loans were all unsubsidized loans, and I will defer them through med school.