In dental school

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jpn123

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I am in dental school right now and I am mid way through my first year. I am considering going into omptometry instead. I was wondering If I could get some feed back thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

jpn123 said:
Hi guys I am in dental school right now and I am mid way through my first year. I am considering going into omptometry instead. I was wondering If I could get some feed back thanks.

Intriguing... do you think you could share more information with us about your consideration? What made you decide optometry AFTER dentistry? This would help me out a lot personally by the way.

Thanks

jlaha said:
Intriguing... do you think you could share more information with us about your consideration? What made you decide optometry AFTER dentistry? This would help me out a lot personally by the way.

Thanks
I FEEL THAT MY HAND SKILLS ARE NOT UP TO PARR AND BEING EFFECTED WITH SEVERAL EYE SURGERIES MY EFFORT AND TIME WOULD BE BETTER IN A PROFESSION WHERE HAND SKILLS ARE NOT SO IMPORTANT. I AM IN A GREAT SCHOOL HOWEVER I AM HAVING SERIOUS DOUBTS ABOUT MY SKILLS.

Although minor hand movements are not as vital in optometry and they are in dentistry, you still use them quite often; forign body removal, punctal irrigation, epilation, cyst expression...
These are things you could refer out, but they are pretty easy to do. I don't have any real advise, I just wanted to make sure you know it is not all, "1 or 2." Good luck, I hope you make a decision right for you.