1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

In desperation from a newbie

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by PrayingEmilio, Feb 19, 2002.

1. PrayingEmilio

PrayingEmilio Junior Member

Hi all:
    I've been reading on here for quite a while, but have never gotten the nerve to post anything, but now that time is ticking away, I figured what they hey, I need to speak to others who are in the same boat.
    This really doesn't apply to those of you who are skimming the edge of a 4.0, but more for those who are closer to the 3.0 range.
    I've got a 2.95. Until the beginning of last year, I was really screwing up because I come from a double-whamy culture--Italian Arabic--where you are to do what your parents want you to do career-wise. I broke free, and am now pursuing this dream that I've had. My grades have improved significantly, I shadowed a dentist for almost 2 years, have 2 great recos and 1 not so great one (I think). DO I stand a chance?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. vixen

vixen I like members

2.95 is a little low. Have you taken your DAT? If you have, what did you get? Having that much experience is a good thing though...

I had a 3.0 overall and 2.7 science and an 18/17 on the DAT and now I am reapplying...since last time I applied I have taken more science classes to help out the sci gpa...

if you smoked your DAT's you might have a good chance at a lower "ranked" school...

4. Yah-E

Yah-E Toof Sniper

Non-Student
    Praying Emilio,

"Do I have a chance?" is a popular question for many! The answer is "EVERYONE HAS CHANCES!!"

Our friend Simseema17 is a second time applicant so she may be a little pessimistic about this application thing! There are no "ranks" in dental school, they are all unique in their own little ways! For a better diagnoses of your situation, we need more info!!!

DAT score?
    When and where did you apply?
    Is there a grade trend improvement within your GPA?

If you have followed this forum for the last three months, you should know where I'm coming from and you should be able to find a lot of good answers from my previous posts (info from me and other COOL SDN Pre-dents)!

By the way, welcome to "our" forum!! :cool: