In dilemma...Need your opinion!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iluvpb&j

Alien
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a huge fan of this site. I wanted you guy's opinion since you guys always give ideas I would otherwise not think of. Here it goes...

I am currently on my last year of completing my undergrad after taking soo long to finish. Anyway, I need to finish about 5 or more pre-med classes like O Chem and Physics. My question is what do I do now?

My GPA is low and I need to raise it. Do I apply to an SMP, post-bac, or what else?? Please help. Not really sure where to go on from here. Also what if I had loans in undergrad? If I go on to post-bac or SMP, will I need to start paying it?

Lost....

:(

Members don't see this ad.

I would suggest reading some of the other posts on here from people in the exact same situation. There are pages and pages of good advice on here for your all too common situation. Good luck!

my first suggestion - i think that taking pre-med courses in a post-bac setting rather than cramming them into your last school is a much better option. everyone is focused on the same goal (A's and getting into med school) which helps get through the process. many post-bac's also have linkage programs with certain med schools which may be helpful.

loans are difficult but manageable. you really have to see your education as an investment. financial advisors always say that education loans are the last thing you need to pay off b/c they will always be the loan with the lowest interest rate (with the exception of any private loans taken out in addition to perkins, stafford, etc). bottomline, if you want to go to med school, you must get over your fear of debt and you can do that but getting more information - talk to the U.S. department of education loan office or someone at your college for example.

hope that helps a bit...