In-Grown Toe Nail, Should I Go To...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OATAcer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

I was playing basketball yesterday and I felt this sting on my big toe and removed my shoes and saw blood and the right portion of my nail was so swollen and red and as I gently touched my toe on the right side I felt severe pain. I walk on a limb now and think it is an in-grown toe nail embedded in the tissue.

My insurance said they no longer cover podiatry services unless it is a medical necessity. Private podiatrists are expensive. But, my insurance did state that all services at the ER are covered if life threatening or a medical necessity. Should I take it to the ER? Is it considered an emergency nowadays? Does it fall under a medical necessity? If so, who will cure my toe? Will it be cured permanently?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is not medical advice.

Clearly in a HYPOTHETICAL situation similar but not EXACTLY the same as your situation, amputation of the toe is called for.

You need a 2 large bottles of Maddog 20/20, a bolt/lock cutter, block of soft wood that will fit between teeth, some hydrogen peroxide, one idiot buddy, and a bucket to bleed into.

1. Chug the bottles of Maddog

2. Dump peroxide over toe and bolt cutter

3. Place wood block in mouth, squarely between teeth

4. Have idiot buddy use bolt cutter on toe

5. Bleed into bucket

6. You will now have an injury worth of an ER visit.

7. Take toe to nearest ER and have them re-attach it. Have them pay attention to ingrown toe-nail while there.

This works EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Status
Not open for further replies.