In need of guidance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

egyptianeyes77

UOP IDS 2009
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so as the subject implies...i am really in dire need of advice...more along the lines of experiences of ppl who have gone through a similar situation. Anyhow, below u'll find a list of facts surrounding my particular case. Would love if someone could help or refer me to someone who could Thanks in advance

- I am a U.S. citizen; born and raised (21 years of my 24 years) in California.

- I graduated with a B.S. in Biology in December of 1998, from University of the Pacific (UOP), in Stockton, California. Some of the courses which I took while at UOP include:

1) General Biology (2 semesters)
2) General Chemistry (2 semesters)
3) Organic Chemistry (2 semesters)
4) Human Anatomy (1 semester)
5) Human Physiology (1 semester)
6) Genetics (1 semester)
7) Microbiology (1 semester)
8) Histology (1 semester)

-I took my DAT October 1996; though my scores were not exceptional, they were pretty average.

-I then took 2 years off to do some self-exploration, as I was honestly kinda burned out after UOP

- My self-exploration took me all the way to Egypt...and it didn't stop there...I decided to try out fashion design, a Masters in Business Information Technology and a whole bunch of other things...then opted for med school!

-I enrolled in Cairo University's Kasr El Aini School of Medicine *First year curriculum in Cairo University entails:
1) Anatomy (2 semesters)
2) Physiology (2 semesters)
3) Biochemistry (2 semesters)
4) Histology (2 semesters)

-Due to the open-ended situation of foreign medical graduates...I decided to transfer to Ain Sham's School of Dentistry and took the following subjects:
1) Anatomy (2 semesters)
2) Physiology (2 semesters)
3) Biochemistry (2 semesters)
4) Histology (2 semesters)
5) Dental Materials Science (2 semesters)
6) Human Dentition & Dental Physiology (2 semesters)

-I successfully passed, and am continuing on to my 2nd year, which includes:
1) Microbiology
2) Pharmacology
3) Pathology
4) Oral Pathology (maybe moved to 3rd year)
5) Oral Histology
6) Operative Dentistry
7) Crown & Bridge
8) Endodontics

Based on the above, here are my questions:

1) Is it possible for an individual having my credentials, to apply as a transfer student to US Dental Schools upon completion of all basic science course requirements, as well as, having taken my DAT without taking Part 1 of the NDBE? Or would I have to take Part 1 of the NDBE in order to transfer?
2) Also, would my "jumping around" (what I call self-exploration ;)) affect my getting into dent school at all?
3) Does anyone know of any associations that offer counseling on this sort of thing?

Thanks in advance for your guidance ;)

Members don't see this ad.