In-service scores are back

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bulgethetwine

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Better than the wait for last year what with the "cheating" scandal...

Members don't see this ad.

We didn't cheat this year. Hopefullly I'll actually get a score this time.

No man. You gotta remember; it's like when asking a prisoner what he did. He didn't do anything, he as accused/convicted of it, but he's innocent.

You didn't cheat last year. You were merely accused of cheating. :smuggrin:

But hopefully you do get a score and it's a good one what with all the crap you dealt with last year. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
No man. You gotta remember; it's like when asking a prisoner what he did. He didn't do anything, he as accused/convicted of it, but he's innocent.

You didn't cheat last year. You were merely accused of cheating. :smuggrin:

But hopefully you do get a score and it's a good one what with all the crap you dealt with last year. :luck:

Hopefully it's good, we'll see. We were all convicted by ABEM, as we didn't get scores. It would have been nice of them to tell me as such before I spent 3 months studying for the exam.

Hopefully it's good, we'll see. We were all convicted by ABEM, as we didn't get scores. It would have been nice of them to tell me as such before I spent 3 months studying for the exam.

Have they said whether they'll let you sit yet, or will they keep hawking you for this for forever?

Have they said whether they'll let you sit yet, or will they keep hawking you for this for forever?

Apparently we will get to write the actual boards. If not, there's going to be a major class-action against them. I doubt they would want the cost and negative publicity.

I would guess it's probably a lot like the NBME/USMLE shelf and step exams.

The ABEMITE is probably retired questions or ones not quite up to snuff for the real board exam. So surely they'll let go of it soon enough and quit :beat:.

The ABEMITE is probably retired questions or ones not quite up to snuff for the real board exam.

Not so - in either case, they wouldn't have any validity.

If anything, the written boards are more like the inservice (except the images are on computer, so they suck even more than in the stimulus book).

Not so - in either case, they wouldn't have any validity.

If anything, the written boards are more like the inservice (except the images are on computer, so they suck even more than in the stimulus book).

Woooh...pictures on the computer? Please tell me they are on an ancient CRT screen with the brightness turned all the way up, and the refresh set on 60 Hz so it gives me a headache with constant flickering.

Woooh...pictures on the computer? Please tell me they are on an ancient CRT screen with the brightness turned all the way up, and the refresh set on 60 Hz so it gives me a headache with constant flickering.

I'm guessing you should preload your brain with Tylenol.

Take care,
Jeff

how do we find out how we did? do we ask our PDs for our scores or will they be emailed to us? thanks! --sp

how do we find out how we did? do we ask our PDs for our scores or will they be emailed to us? thanks! --sp

They are sent to your PD via Snail Mail. So they have the info you seek.

3 months? Seriously? It's a practice test...

I'm honestly shocked how big a deal some programs make the inservice.

are the MD inservice like the DO inservice?

we got the test book this year (a couple weeks ago), and there was a picture of an epidural and the CT scan was so pixelated that nobody could pick out what it really was (except by the clinical history that went with it).

you'd think that with all the cash spent on those tests, that there'd be better imagery.

Forget the money spent on the exam. You would think the images are better because it is 2008 and you can buy a fridge with an HD screen. With the technology available now, you almost have to make a negative effort to produce images that are used on all board exams.