Quantcast

In-State Schools Question

DrTheory

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a quick question. (Sorry if it has been answered before)

I noticed that some med schools tend to accept in-state students. Now for me that doesn't work in any event, being/going to be a international student in any event. Now what if I am a international student but I went to the same state for undergrad (full 4 years) but other than staying in the state for the university I never been to the state before. Does that qualify me as in-state? If it doesn't qualify me then will the school atleast consider that I went to the same state for undergrad (for 4 years) or will it be to the point that it wont matter and the school will see me as a out-of state.

Much thanks for any response. ;D

Monkey.King

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
You need to look at the state residency requirements for each individual state. Schools do nothing but follow those regulations. I think that in most states, if you are a student there you count as an in state resident, but again, it's best to check the requirements for each state

Reaction score
You need to look at the state residency requirements for each individual state. Schools do nothing but follow those regulations. I think that in most states, if you are a student there you count as an in state resident, but again, it's best to check the requirements for each state

Unfortunately this is NOT true in most states. Very few states will consider you a resident for in-state tuition purposes if you've moved there primarily for your education.