In-state tuition?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anonnnnnnnnn123

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Canadian applicant here-- I've seen some comments around about public schools giving students in state tuition after a year. Are these all public schools and is there a process with this? Does anyone know if it's possible for international students? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I believe you have to show proof of residency after a year. So if you get an apartment or something, you may be eligible to apply for in-state tuition by showing proof that you live in that state via bills, mortgage, mail, etc. I don't know if it applies to ALL the public schools. I would check each school individually as some of them may have different processes and time requirements. I'm not sure if it's possible for international students but I don't see why it would be any different from a student coming from a different state. Both of you would be living there the same amount of time. When in doubt though, just email the school! They'd be more than willing to help explain!