In the Area Notification for Interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HurricaneKatt

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview on the East Coast in early March. I am flying from Alaska and tickets cost and arm and a leg and then some. I am still waiting to hear back from several schools, most of them on the East Coast. I intend to notify them that I will be in the area so that I can hopefully get interviews while I am there and not have to spend another couple thousand $$$ on plane tickets. What is the best way to go about this? Should I include my update along with the letter (I am planning to send an update to schools anyways as I have some new stuff to add to my app), or should I send it separate? Is it best to call the schools, or email them? All help is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Email them, but don't expect anything spectacular. I sent two of these earlier in the cycle and didn't get an ii.

Email them, but don't expect anything spectacular. I sent two of these earlier in the cycle and didn't get an ii.

:( Darn. Well hopefully they want to give me one anyways and are just willing to give it to me sooner. ;) It costs almost $1000 to fly Anywhere from here. :scared: $600 is about as cheap as you can get, and that's only if you buy the ticket at Least a month in advance. :thumbdown:

Thanks for the input.

Some schools respond well to these and some don't. If I were you I'd look at the school-specific threads to get some idea of how each school views these. I sent a few of these throughout my interview season and one actually worked, at a school that was notoriously accommodating of them :D.