"in the area" phone call?

Started by kinzy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kinzy

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! I was just wondering what peoples' views on "in the area" phone calls are at this point in the season? I have an interview for a school and am waiting to hear from another school in that area and it would be nice to be able to do both in the same visit - is it appropriate for me to call or email the other school and mention to them that I would be in the area during the dates of my other interview, and was wondering if they can review my application? I am also not sure how to phrase it...ideas?
 
I agree. Don't do it. It's one thing if you're on a wait list.
My story however goes that I was able to schedule two "Philadelphia area" programs on a Thursday and Friday, and then my complex PE (like usmle cs) on Saturday..... I struck very very lucky.