In-Training Exam 2008 results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drfm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the ABFM in-training exam yesterday and just looked over the critique book/answers on the ABFM website. I am not sure what my score will be based on the number I got correct. Does anyone know the average number typically missed for each level of training (PGY 1, PGY 2, and PGY 3) or have an idea of how residents across the country did on the exam yesterday?

Members don't see this ad.

Tell me the percentage of questions you are right. I will tell you where you are. There are 2 tiers, one for the same year resident, the other for the all residents.

This year looks slightly easier than last year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Costanza, what about a 52.5% in first and second year?

I guess it will be around 50-60 percentile. It may be approximately 55 in first year, maybe 50 in second.

please can you tell me where to find the answers??? for family medicine in training exam?

Log into www.theabfm.org with your ID. In your profile you can see the critique book for 2008.

i have aafp memebership. how do you get an id at abfm????? please

your program coordinator has it.

Tell me the percentage of questions you are right. I will tell you where you are. There are 2 tiers, one for the same year resident, the other for the all residents.

This year looks slightly easier than last year.

I got 65.4%. Any idea about my percentile?

65% is a very good score, it will be put you around 90%.

cool, I got about 65% as well! that makes me feel good.

My program coordinator takes forever to get back to us. By the time she provides my ABFM/AAFP ID number it'll be time for next year's inservice...

Can somebody post the 2008 critique guide/book on this forum or be willing to upload/email the files?

Thanks a million

I got 52.5 percent right last year as a PGY1
40 percentile for first years. (124 correct)

This year as a second year I got
55 percent right which is (134 correct)

What do you think my percentile will be for 2nd years?

Any thoughts or prediction about percentile rank for 2nd year?

My program coordinator takes forever to get back to us. By the time she provides my ABFM/AAFP ID number it'll be time for next year's inservice...

Can somebody post the 2008 critique guide/book on this forum or be willing to upload/email the files?

Thanks a million

I have one but it doesn't work! :rolleyes:

65% is a very good score, it will be put you around 90%.

So how you have access to this information? (I'm not trying to discredit you at all, just wondering.)

I have searched online for any document that might relate raw score to percentile performance and I haven't found anything. I imagine the raw score correlation to percentile rank would change slightly from year-to-year.

Could you maybe give us some more info, like a rough estimate of raw score to percentile?

Something like
100-110 20%
111-120 22%

etc.....

Just a thought.

Thanks!