In training exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SleepIsGood

Support the ASA !
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck to all of you tommorrow!!

Members don't see this ad.

anybody know how long it normally takes to get the scores back?
it was my first time taking it....was the content pretty typical?

Members don't see this ad :)
anybody know how long it normally takes to get the scores back?
it was my first time taking it....was the content pretty typical?

If about 10% of the questions were about anesthesia for ECT then yes, yes it was. ;)

yeah...a few questions about ect, a few straight anatomy, some regional...all in all not really what i expected. i can't remember a peds question at all...

This year's exam was nothing like last year. My colleagues and I felt it was more like a Step 2 exam with a few anesthesia questions sprinkled in. Seemed to be a lot of those ECT questions as someone pointed out already and ankle blocks. Pharm was almost non-existent on there.

Do only the program directors get the results.....or will the results also be sent to us?? I'm not sure if I even want to know what my score was....but just curious....

Do only the program directors get the results.....or will the results also be sent to us?? I'm not sure if I even want to know what my score was....but just curious....

Nothing was sent to me directly. I got my score from my PD. Late September as I recall.

I was surprised by this year's exam. Seemed that it was much more straightforward - certainly fewer 2nd/3rd-order questions. Lots of respiratory physiology. Not a single CPB question that I can remember. Kind of light on the pharmacology. Nothing that struck me as "tricky" ... although maybe that just means I fell for the tricks. :)

We had less time per question this year than last (1:04/question vs 1:12/question), and while I used every minute last year, I finished over an hour early this time. I think this is mostly because of the absence of K-type questions and the convoluted time-consuming logic-puzzle solving they sometimes require.

Does anyone remember what topics were heavily emphasized? it's such a blur...

So did all people doing Categorical programs take the ITE, or was it on a program-by-program basis?

Does anyone remember what topics were heavily emphasized? it's such a blur...

ECT and drugs that effect seizures, physiology of and anesthesia during pregnancy, respiratory/PFTs in various diseases states, diseases where common drugs are contraindicated, innervation of various aspects of the lower extremity and which block covers what, differentiating blood transfusion reactions/MH, the usual statistics crap, anatomy during crossclamping, lap choles with swans.

Nothing was sent to me directly. I got my score from my PD. Late September as I recall.

I'm doing a prelim at a different hospital as where I will be doing anesthesia...... Will my PD get in touch with me to give me the results?? Or will I have to wait until next year to find out?

lap choles with swans.[/QUOTE]

Yeah..I remember that one. What the hell were they thinking putting in a swan for a chole??? Should have put a TEE in instead. :laugh: