In what way is COMLEX still used?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Vinnie Boombatz

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since the residencies merged, do program directors still use COMLEX in their admissions? Or as a DO applicant to residencies is it only step 2 that's important? If they do use it is this still a way for DO students to differentiate themselves without a scored step 1?

Members don't see this ad.

Since the residencies merged, do program directors still use COMLEX in their admissions? Or as a DO applicant to residencies is it only step 2 that's important? If they do use it is this still a way for DO students to differentiate themselves without a scored step 1?

The residencies merging did not change program specific requirements for scores.

I was a COMLEX only applicant and received 16 interviews. but that was having pretty extra-ordinary research experience compared to my peers. But my score on level 1 was also quite high so that could also play a roll. Who knows. It's still listed on the NRMP program director survey as a tool for screening.

Everything is important.

Reactions: 1 users